We have included adjectives that start with E in this article. Adjectives beginning with E are numerous and regularly found in ordinary speech. With the help of this list of adjectives that start with E, which includes definitions, synonyms, and examples, you will be on your way to expanding your vocabulary in no time.
Adjectives provide a piece of great information to the fundamentals of what we communicate to others. In English, there are over 1000 descriptive words that start with E. This alphabet, in particular, is one of the most often seen in the English language. When it comes to the Oxford English dictionary, it appears in 11 percent of all the words.
In the following article, we have carefully split the adjectives that start with E into sections, and for each adjective, we have included its definition as well as an example sentence to make it easier for all of the readers to understand. This will assist you in correctly understanding the phrases and avoiding any misunderstandings! Let’s have a look at our selection of fantastic adjectives that start with E.
Common Adjectives That Start with E
This part is a list of commonly used adjectives starting with E. This list will assist you in your daily life by writing and communicating more professionally and clearly. Here are 10 adjectives starting with E, along with definitions and examples.
- Definition: very tired
- Synonyms: tired out, worn out, weary
- Example: He returned home, exhausted from the game.
- Definition: achieved with little effort
- Synonyms: uncomplicated, not difficult, undemanding
- Example: It was an easy way of retrieving information.
- Definition: justifiable in terms of profit
- Synonyms: profitable, profit-making, moneymaking
- Example: Our business wasn’t economic.
- Definition: effective in achieving a desired or anticipated outcome
- Synonyms: effective, successful, effectual
- Example: It was an efficacious treatment.
- Definition: large in amount
- Synonyms: comprehensive, thorough, complete
- Example: She has an extensive collection of gold.
- Definition: flexible and adaptable
- Synonyms: adaptable, flexible, adjustable
- Example: A lot of sportswear is comprised of elastic fabric.
- Definition: old or aging
- Synonyms: aged, old, mature
- Example: Her elderly relatives were also there.
- Definition: a sudden sense of excitement
- Synonyms: tense, charged, exciting
- Example: The atmosphere was electric at the event.
- Definition: intense excitement and happiness
- Synonyms: elated, happy, joyful
- Example: She had a euphoric sense of freedom.
- Definition: easily excited
- Synonyms: temperamental, mercurial, volatile
- Example: He is an excitable young boy.
Positive Adjectives That Start with E
We all require a dose of positivity from time to time to get through a challenging day. The following positive adjectives that start with E are for your convenience to assist you with this problem. You can also use them to encourage your friends to perform better.
- Definition: forming or gaining prominence
- Synonyms: emerging, beginning, arising
- Example: Blockchain is still an emergent technology.
- Definition: attractively charming
- Synonyms: captivating, charming, delightful
- Example: We live in an enchanting medieval city.
- Definition: countless
- Synonyms: countless, innumerable, untold
- Example: Life is filled with endless opportunities.
- Definition: full of energy or vitality
- Synonyms: active, lively, dynamic
- Example: It was moderately energetic exercise.
- Definition: charming and attractive
- Synonyms: charming, appealing, attractive
- Example: She has an engaging smile.
- Definition: pleasurable activity or event
- Synonyms: entertaining, amusing, delightful
- Example: She had an enjoyable afternoon.
- Definition: not changing much
- Synonyms: stable, constant, steady
- Example: It is an equable climate.
- Definition: equal in value
- Synonyms: equal, identical, similar
- Example: Is $50 equivalent to £30?
- Definition: a must; vital
- Synonyms: crucial, necessary, key
- Example: It is essential to keep updated.
- Definition: clearly seen or understood
- Synonyms: obvious, apparent, noticeable
- Example: She ate the food with evident enjoyment.
Adjectives That Start with E to Describe a Person
In the section below, we discussed adjectives that start with E to describe a person. These adjectives will undoubtedly assist you in accurately describing a person. Make these adjectives a part of your vocabulary.
- Definition: renowned or significant
- Synonyms: illustrious, distinguished, renowned
- Example: He is an eminent historian.
- Definition: huge in size, quantity, or scope
- Synonyms: huge, vast, extensive
- Example: She earns an enormous salary.
- Definition: firmly upright
- Synonyms: upright, bolt upright, straight
- Example: He stood erect with her arms by her sides.
- Definition: avoiding commitment or self-disclosure
- Synonyms: prevaricating, elusive, ambiguous
- Example: He was evasive about her phone number.
- Definition: unbiased in treatment or judgment
- Synonyms: fair, just, equitable
- Example: She had an evenhanded approach to relationships.
- Definition: characterized by exciting events
- Synonyms: busy, event-filled, action-packed
- Example: His father had a long and eventful life.
- Definition: profoundly immoral and wicked
- Synonyms: wicked, bad, wrong
- Example: I am scared of his evil deeds.
- Definition: a desirable pattern; excellent
- Synonyms: perfect, ideal, model
- Example: Sam has exemplary behavior.
- Definition: colorful or unusually appealing
- Synonyms: striking, colorful, eye-catching
- Example: She has an exotic haircut.
- Definition: gaining expertise in a field over time
- Synonyms: knowledgeable, expert, skilled
- Example: He is a very experienced footballer.
Adjectives That Start with E to Describe Someone
This section contains E words to describe someone. This list of describing words beginning with E can assist you in describing people pleasantly and professionally. How many of these did you already know?
- Definition: a great desire to do or have something
- Synonyms: sharp, enthusiastic, interested
- Example: He was very eager to go there.
- Definition: relaxed and tolerant in attitude
- Synonyms: relaxed, unhurried, leisurely
- Example: She is a friendly, easygoing type of girl.
- Definition: to have intense and eager enjoyment
- Synonyms: eager, fervent, passionate
- Example: She could be wildly enthusiastic about our plan.
- Definition: to constantly show deep sincerity
- Synonyms: serious, serious-minded, solemn
- Example: Jane is an earnest student.
- Definition: choose from various sources
- Synonyms: wide-ranging, diverse
- Example: They took an eclectic approach towards the plan.
- Definition: happening or done before the usual
- Synonyms: untimely, premature, too soon
- Example: I like being a little early for interviews.
- Definition: to have a high education
- Synonyms: literate, well informed, enlightened
- Example: Her mother was an educated lady.
- Definition: achieving desired outcomes
- Synonyms: successful, effectual, efficacious
- Example: He’s a very effective teacher.
- Definition: operating efficiently and competently
- Synonyms: well organized, methodical, systematic
- Example: She is an efficient administrator.
- Definition: right to do or get something
- Synonyms: entitled, permitted, allowed
- Example: He is eligible for this offer.
Popular Adjectives That Start with E
The list consists of popular adjective words that start with E. How often do you employ these popular adjectives that start with the letter E in your writing and speaking? Reading these adjectives can help you to expand your vocabulary.
- Definition: representing a variety of Christian Churches
- Synonyms: non-denominational, non-sectarian, universal
- Example: He is a member of ecumenical committees.
- Definition: very happy
- Synonyms: thrilled, excited, intoxicated
- Example: All of this commotion makes me feel exhilarated.
- Definition: unusual and a bit odd
- Synonyms: unconventional, uncommon, abnormal
- Example: She noted their eccentric appearance.
- Definition: relating to moral principles
- Synonyms: moral, social, behavioral
- Example: There are ethical issues in nursing.
- Definition: a great deal of knowledge or skill
- Synonyms: skillful, skilled, adept
- Example: She gave me expert academic advice.
- Definition: providing someone inspiration or confidence
- Synonyms: heartening, cheering, uplifting
- Example: I gave him an encouraging smile.
- Definition: capable of withstanding
- Synonyms: bearable, tolerable, supportable
- Example: Their journey was long but endurable.
- Definition: graceful and stylish
- Synonyms: stylish, graceful, tasteful
- Example: She looked elegant in black.
- Definition: offering pleasure or delight
- Synonyms: delightful, enjoyable, amusing
- Example: She is a charming and entertaining partner.
- Definition: same in quantity and size
- Synonyms: identical, uniform, alike
- Example: He added equal amounts of water.
Useful List of Adjectives That Start with E
Here is a collection of useful E adjectives that you can use in your writing. Using the list of adjectives that start with E can help you speak more clearly and effectively. Reading these will help you to improve your vocabulary.
- Definition: lasting indefinitely or for a very long period
- Synonyms: eternal, never-ending, endless
- Example: Their damned would suffer everlasting torment.
- Definition: most basic kind
- Synonyms: basic, rudimentary, fundamental
- Example: These are elementary rights of citizenship.
- Definition: unmanly
- Synonyms: effete, unmanly, womanish
- Example: His handshake is effeminate.
- Definition: exceedingly delicate and light in a manner that doesn’t appear to belong in this world
- Synonyms: delicate, exquisite, dainty
- Example: I love her ethereal beauty.
- Definition: suitable for consumption as food
- Synonyms: edible, palatable, digestible
- Example: These are eatable fruits.
- Definition: relating to a person’s emotions
- Synonyms: spiritual, inner, psychic, psychological
- Example: She gained emotional support from relatives.
- Definition: outstanding
- Synonyms: very good, superb, outstanding
- Example: The vehicle was in excellent shape.
- Definition: very enthusiastic
- Synonyms: thrilled, exhilarated, elevated
- Example: He was excited about the prospect.
- Definition: expressing overwhelming happiness
- Synonyms: enraptured, elated, transported
- Example: The stadium was packed with ecstatic people.
- Definition: costing a lot of money
- Synonyms: costly, dear, high-priced
- Example: Owning a horse is expensive.
Negative Adjectives That Start with E
In this section, we discussed a list of adjectives with letter E. These adjectives that start with E are particularly well suited for describing negative attitudes and characteristics. Please take a look at this list and enjoy it.
- Definition: strange and frightening
- Synonyms: uncanny, sinister, ghostly
- Example: There was an eerie green glow in the sky.
- Definition: self-absorbed or conceited
- Synonyms: self-centered, selfish, egocentric
- Example: She’s selfish, and egotistical.
- Definition: exhibiting or feeling embarrassment
- Synonyms: awkward, self-conscious, uneasy
- Example: She felt quite embarrassed whenever I talked to her.
- Definition: angry or excessively tense
- Synonyms: tense, nervous, on edge
- Example: They became edgy and defensive.
- Definition: extremely bad
- Synonyms: shocking, appalling, horrific
- Example: It was an egregious abuse of copyright.
- Definition: feeling or displaying envy
- Synonyms: jealous, covetous, desirous
- Example: She is envious of my happiness.
- Definition: intensely painful
- Synonyms: agonizing, severe, acute
- Example: I am having excruciating back pain.
- Definition: irrelevant or unconnected to the subject under discussion
- Synonyms: irrelevant, immaterial, beside the point
- Example: These questions are extraneous to the topic at hand.
- Definition: hard to find
- Synonyms: evasive, slippery, shifty
- Example: Her success became ever more elusive.
- Definition: very angry
- Synonyms: angered, incensed, infuriated
- Example: An enraged mob yelled abuses.
More Adjectives That Start with E
This section contains Adjectives that start with E to assist you in broadening your thoughts and improving your communication abilities. These descriptive words beginning with E might be new to you.
- Definition: well-informed outlook
- Synonyms: informed, aware, educated
- Example: Enlightened employers give better terms.
- Definition: full of energy
- Synonyms: ebullient, buoyant, cheerful
- Example: There were a noisy bunch of exuberant youngsters.
- Definition: abnormally thin or weak
- Synonyms: thin, skeletal, bony
- Example: He was so emaciated he could hardly stand.
- Definition: triumphantly happy
- Synonyms: jubilant, thrilled, triumphant
- Example: She waved to the exultant crowds.
- Definition: whole
- Synonyms: whole, complete, total
- Example: She plans to travel the entire world.
- Definition: having the quality of softening the skin
- Synonyms: moisturizing, palliative, balsamic
- Example: It is a rich emollient shampoo.
- Definition: great knowledge or learning
- Synonyms: learned, scholarly, well educated
- Example: She could turn any conversation into an erudite discussion.
- Definition: outstanding
- Synonyms: outstanding, extraordinary, remarkable
- Example: He is a child of exceptional ability.
- Definition: very unusual or remarkable
- Synonyms: remarkable, exceptional, amazing
- Example: She is an extraordinary player.
- Definition: spending too much money
- Synonyms: expensive, costly, dear
- Example: She gave extravagant gifts.
Adjectives That Start with E – Full List (640 Words)
We’ve compiled a list of adjectives that start with E for you to study in this article so that you can memorize all of the adjectives listed above and hundreds of more. Please feel free to forward this list to your friends.
Final Thoughts on Adjectives That Start with E
This article includes a list of adjectives starting with E regularly seen in our everyday conversation. The definitions, synonyms, and examples of each of these descriptive words that start with E are also given, which will help you use the adjectives in various contexts and increase your vocabulary.
We hope now you indeed have found what you were looking for. Thank you for spending the time to study our article about adjectives that start with E. Adjectives play a crucial role in our regular conversations, as you’ve undoubtedly seen.
We hope you have studied all these adjectives so that the next time you encounter difficult adjectives that start with E you will know precisely what it means. This will not only surprise all of your classmates, but it will also offer you a confidence boost.