This article contains adjectives that start with R. Adjectives beginning with R, are plentiful and often encountered in normal conversation. You’ll be well on your way to grow your lexicon in no time with the guidance of this list of adjectives that start with R, which contains definitions, synonyms, and examples.
Adjectives give valuable insight into the foundations of how we interact with others. There are approximately 1000 plus descriptive words that start with R in English. This alphabet, in general, is one of the most frequently used in the English language.
Adjectives play an essential role in describing the characteristics or status of a noun. Using these R adjectives, you can make your writing more professional.
We have carefully divided the adjectives that start with R into parts in the following article, and for each adjective, we have provided its meaning as well as an example sentence to make it simpler for all readers to grasp.
This will help you comprehend the terms accurately and prevent misunderstandings! Let’s have a look at our list of amazing adjectives that start with R.
You Might Also Like:
Common Adjectives That Start with R
This section is a list of commonly used adjectives starting with R. This list can help you write and communicate more professionally and clearly in your everyday life. Here are ten adjectives starting with R, along with definitions and examples.
- Definition: being fully-grown up
- Synonyms: matured, aged, grown
- Example: Her mother died in a ripe age.
- Definition: being filled with uncertainty regarding the outcomes
- Synonyms: chancy, dangerous, dicey
- Example: I think buying this property is a risky business.
- Definition: which can be disconnected and detached safely
- Synonyms: detachable, separable, portable
- Example: This device comes with a removable screen.
- Definition: which recurs is a continuous manner without variations
- Synonyms: continuing, recurrent, continuous
- Example: Eat, work, and sleep is the repetitive cycle of many people today.
- Definition: which can be substituted with an alternative
- Synonyms: exchangeable, expendable, substitutable
- Example: This basket comes with a replaceable lid.
- Definition: based on logic
- Synonyms: logical, rational, clear
- Example: It was a reasoned judgment.
- Definition: marked by loudness and resonance
- Synonyms: vibrant, resounding, sonorous
- Example: Everyone could hear his joyful and resonant voice.
- Definition: of or relating to residents
- Synonyms: developed, suburban, habitable
- Example: They live in a residential colony near airport.
- Definition: which can be utilized more than one time
- Synonyms: serviceable, renewable, utilizable
- Example: We should buy environment friendly and reusable products.
- Definition: which uncovers the truth and reality
- Synonyms: exposing, disclosing, divulging
- Example: This research paper gives a revealing insight into the challenges faced by developing states.
Positive Adjectives That Start with R
To get over a difficult day, we all need a dose of positivity from time to time. The following positive adjectives that start with R, are provided for your convenience to help you with this difficulty. You can also use them to motivate your buddies to work more.
- Definition: being judicious and satisfactory
- Synonyms: sound, acceptable, moderate
- Example: You can buy this beautiful house at a very reasonable price.
- Definition: which stimulates freshness and strength
- Synonyms: invigorating, stimulating, enlivening
- Example: This is a really refreshing juice for summers.
- Definition: being apposite and related to certain something
- Synonyms: appropriate, suitable, pertinent
- Example: You have good and relevant qualifications for this job.
- Definition: being unruffled and serene
- Synonyms: easy, composed, casual, calm
- Example: He looks very attractive because of his relaxed personality.
- Definition: being worthy of trust and dependence
- Synonyms: trustworthy, true, honest
- Example: Mark is a very faithful and reliable partner.
- Definition: being exceptional and notable
- Synonyms: outstanding, excellent, distinguished
- Example: You did a remarkable job.
- Definition: being bright and shiny
- Synonyms: glowing, resplendent, beaming
- Example: She has a very glowy and radiant skin.
- Definition: marked with a charm that is appealing to senses
- Synonyms: lovely, gorgeous, alluring
- Example: The bride has a ravishing look in this traditional dress.
- Definition: which is not fake or artificial
- Synonyms: original, true, authentic
- Example: All of these real products and are safe to use.
- Definition: marked by resistance and determination
- Synonyms: determined, unwavering, unyielding
- Example: Success requires a resolute mindset.
Adjectives That Start with R to Describe a Person
We have discussed adjectives that start with R to describe a person in the section below. These adjectives will surely help you describe a person properly. Make these adjectives an element of your lexicon.
- Definition: being anxious and uncomfortable about something
- Synonyms: uneasy, nervous, edgy
- Example: His father looks like a restless man.
- Definition: being revolutionary in ideas and actions
- Synonyms: revolutionary, progressive, extremist
- Example: His ideas make him a radical person.
- Definition: being close to religion and its teachings
- Synonyms: spiritual, pious, holy, divine
- Example: He is a religious person and doesn’t drink.
- Definition: having a great reputation and respect
- Synonyms: esteemed, revered, admired
- Example: He is the most cherished and respected teacher of this school.
- Definition: being discharged of assigned duties with honor
- Synonyms: pensioned, superannuated, discharged
- Example: He is retired general and is now a lecturer in university.
- Definition: marked with foolishness and ridicule
- Synonyms: absurd, silly, idiotic
- Example: She is a ridiculous person and does stupid things.
- Definition: which repels and avert others
- Synonyms: repellent, vile, abhorrent
- Example: No one likes his repulsive brother because of his judgmental nature.
- Definition: having a lot of wealth and valuable assets
- Synonyms: wealthy, prosperous, affluent
- Example: He is a rich man and gives a lot of charity.
- Definition: marked with grace and sophistication
- Synonyms: elegant, polite, fine
- Example: Everyone likes his refined personality.
- Definition: lively and entertaining
- Synonyms: risqué, sexy, naughty
- Example: She has a racy style.
Adjectives That Start with R to Describe Someone
This section provides R words to describe someone. This collection of describing words beginning with R may help you describe individuals nicely and professionally. How many of these are you generally familiar with?
- Definition: marked by a fixed and unshakeable attribute
- Synonyms: stiff, firm, inflexible
- Example: No one can change the perspective of his orthodox and rigid father.
- Definition: being harsh and stern
- Synonyms: tough, resilient, firm
- Example: His bitter life experiences have made him a rough man.
- Definition: being reliable and relieving
- Synonyms: comforting, soothing, encouraging
- Example: She would live happily with her loyal and reassuring fiancé.
- Definition: being delirious and insane
- Synonyms: crazy, lunatic, mad
- Example: He is truly a raving person who filed charged against a 3 months old baby.
- Definition: if someone or something is recognized, it is generally accepted that that person or thing has a particular position or quality
- Synonyms: well-known, famous
- Example: Professor Jones is a recognized authority on ancient Egypt.
- Definition: not being already selected or pre-planned
- Synonyms: haphazard, arbitrary
- Example: He was chosen as a random man in this hall.
- Definition: not displaying discipline or control
- Synonyms: unruly, ruffian, tough
- Example: The female teacher couldn’t handle these mischievous and rowdy students.
- Definition: marked by beauty and brilliance
- Synonyms: beautiful, pretty, gorgeous
- Example: She is a resplendent woman with a lot of intelligence.
- Definition: characterized by a good and honored reputation
- Synonyms: respectable, honorable, virtuous
- Example: He is a reputable publisher.
- Definition: lacking in politeness and courtesy
- Synonyms: harsh, impolite, uncivil
- Example: She is a really straightforward and rude person.
Popular Adjectives That Start with R
The following is a list of popular adjectives that start with the letter R. How frequently do you use these popular adjective words that start with R in speaking and writing? Reading these adjectives will enable you to broaden your vocabulary.
- Definition: following or suitable for race
- Synonyms: running, rushing, dashing
- Example: Her 7 year old kid is obsessed with racing cars.
- Definition: not being checked and regulated
- Synonyms: unrestrained, uncontrolled, unbridled
- Example: The government must adopt measures to control rampant drug usage among youth.
- Definition: marked by a quickness of action
- Synonyms: speedy, swift, fast
- Example: She couldn’t catch the rapid dog that broke his chain.
- Definition: marked by an intense anger
- Synonyms: furious, enraged, violent
- Example: They were being chased by a raging bull.
- Definition: marked by wetness as of rain
- Synonyms: showery, misty, drizzly
- Example: It happened during a rainy weekend.
- Definition: which is not common and usual
- Synonyms: unusual, exceptional, unique
- Example: This is a rare piece of earth metal.
- Definition: characterized by imprudence and disregard towards consequences
- Synonyms: reckless, impulsive, incautious
- Example: He met an accident because of his rash driving.
- Definition: characterized by logic and reason
- Synonyms: logical, sensible, intelligent
- Example: The government must frame rational rules to reduce noise pollution.
- Definition: not yet ripened and matured
- Synonyms: crude, unripened, uncooked
- Example: He bought a dozen of raw mangoes.
- Definition: which is latest and not old
- Synonyms: current, contemporary, new
- Example: She was mentally disturbed by this recent event.
Useful List of Adjectives That Start with R
Here’s a list of adjectives that start with R that you can utilize in your writings. Using the list of R adjectives will help you talk more effectively and clearly. Reading these will assist you in expanding your vocabulary.
- Definition: being opposite and contradictory in nature
- Synonyms: inverse, alternate, obverse
- Example: Both of their reciprocal ideas were given consideration.
- Definition: being in deep thoughts and speculations
- Synonyms: pensive, musing, thinking
- Example: The writer of this book is a really reflective person.
- Definition: being fixed and made up-to-date
- Synonyms: remodeled, renewed, rebuilt
- Example: He bought a refurbished laptop at a reasonable price.
- Definition: feeling sorry and regret
- Synonyms: remorseful, repentant, penitent
- Example: She gave regretful apologies to her father for her misconduct.
- Definition: being framed to restore and remediate
- Synonyms: corrective, curative, sanative
- Example: The organization should work on devising remedial strategies.
- Definition: which can be returned and repaid
- Synonyms: cashable, repayable, redeemable
- Example: He is going to receive his refundable fee charges.
- Definition: of or relating to a certain region
- Synonyms: territorial, geographical, local
- Example: The candidates were selected on regional basis.
- Definition: marked with comfort and reassurance
- Synonyms: eased, comforted, alleviated
- Example: A relieved feeling crossed his face when he saw his lost dog.
- Definition: which is left behind
- Synonyms: residual, left, surplus
- Example: They grabbed all the remaining pieces of paper.
- Definition: being much far in time and space
- Synonyms: far, faraway, distant
- Example: His grandparents live in a remote village.
Negative Adjectives That Start with R
In this part, we looked at a list of negative adjectives with letter R. These adjectives that start with R, are especially well suited to characterizing negative attitudes and qualities. Please have a look at this list.
- Definition: having no pity
- Synonyms: merciless, pitiless, cruel
- Example: He is a ruthless manipulator.
- Definition: characterized by imprudence and disregard towards consequences
- Synonyms: rash, careless, heedless, impulsive
- Example: His reckless behavior has already given him much headache.
- Definition: being prejudiced and intolerant of other races
- Synonyms: bigoted, racialist, prejudiced
- Example: He was disqualified for his racist remarks.
- Definition: being rough and tattered
- Synonyms: shaggy, torn, worn, uneven
- Example: He was being ridiculed for wearing a ragged suit in the event.
- Definition: indicative of a decayed and nasty state of something
- Synonyms: stale, rotten, putrid
- Example: She started vomiting as she couldn’t bear the rancid smell of garbage.
- Definition: filled with bitterness and resentment towards something
- Synonyms: bitter, aggrieved, furious
- Example: She was very hurt with your resentful remarks.
- Definition: not accepting or conforming to existing rules and norms
- Synonyms: defiant, revolutionary, radical
- Example: The cops were pushing back the rebellious crowd.
- Definition: filled with remorse and regret
- Synonyms: regretful, repentant, penitent
- Example: He was in a remorseful state.
- Definition: marked with no flexibility and compromise
- Synonyms: unrelenting, inflexible, unbending
- Example: She left him because of his relentless attitude.
- Definition: showing resistance and aversion towards something
- Synonyms: hesitant, indisposed, averse
- Example: Even though other people were encouraging him, he remained a reluctant player.
More Adjectives That Start with R
This section comprises adjectives that start with R to help you extend your thinking and improve your communication skills. You could be familiar with these descriptive words beginning with R.
- Definition: characterized by tunes and rhythms
- Synonyms: musical, melodious, euphonious
- Example: The mother was singing a rhythmic song to his son.
- Definition: being in defiance of status quo and contemporary norms
- Synonyms: defiant, radical, rebellious
- Example: His revolutionary ideas were largely misunderstood by people.
- Definition: creating disgust
- Synonyms: repulsive, offensive, abhorrent
- Example: The chemical had a revolting smell.
- Definition: not inclined to communicate or share personal life
- Synonyms: private, unsociable, distant
- Example: She is a very reserved person and doesn’t share much.
- Definition: obstinately uncooperative attitude
- Synonyms: uncooperative, intractable, unmanageable
- Example: She was like a teacher supporting a recalcitrant student.
- Definition: being authorized and lawful
- Synonyms: deserved, true, legitimate
- Example: He is the rightful owner of this land.
- Definition: being inclined towards romance and fanciful emotions
- Synonyms: amorous, quixotic, sentimental
- Example: They are in a good and romantic relationship.
- Definition: expressing sorrow or regret
- Synonyms: sorrowful, regretful, apologetic
- Example: He gave a rueful grin.
- Definition: of the shade of rose
- Synonyms: pink, ruddy, reddish
- Example: He painted the wall in rosy color.
- Definition: of or relating to mechanized robots
- Synonyms: automated, mechanized, programmed
- Example: He has to perform a robotic act on stage.
Adjectives That Start with R – Full List (613 Words)
We’ve prepared a list of adjectives that start with R for you to review in this section. Here are all the adjectives that begin with the letter R so that you can remember all of the above adjectives and learn some other R adjectives at the same time. Please feel free to distribute this list to your friends.
Final Thoughts on Adjectives That Start with R
This article provides a list of adjectives starting with R that is often used in ordinary language. There are also definitions, synonyms, and examples for each of these adjectives that start with R, which can help you utilize the adjectives in other settings and expand your vocabulary.
We hope you have now found what you were searching for. Thank you for taking the time to read our article about descriptive words that start with R. As you’ve undoubtedly seen, adjectives play an important part in our everyday conversations.
We hope you’ve studied all of these adjectives so that the next time you come across tough adjectives that start with R, you’ll know exactly what it means. This will not only amaze your peers but will also build your confidence.