Adjectives that start with G are plentiful and regularly encountered in ordinary speech. We have compiled a list of adjectives beginning with G in this article, including definitions, synonyms, and sample sentences. In every language, when we speak or write, we wish to build on and accurately express the meaning and feelings of our words to the people who are listening or reading us.
Adjectives provide great additional information to the fundamentals of what we communicate to others. In English, there are approximately 1000 adjectives that start with G. This article offers a collection of positive and negative adjectives and their meanings and example sentences to help you learn new descriptive words that start with G and broaden your overall vocabulary.
Can you think of any adjectives that start with G? Usually, the first adjective that springs to mind is glamorous, but it is possible that you may have problems coming up with another one after that. We encourage you to have a look at our impressive selection of adjectives that start with G.
Common Adjectives That Start with G
The following are some common adjectives starting with G that you can use to make your speaking or writing more specific and intriguing. Try utilizing these common adjectives that start with G to help you convey your point more effectively in your daily life.
- Definition: which is generic and prevailing
- Synonyms: common, usual, widespread
- Example: The media is targeting the opinion of general public.
- Definition: being gentle and mannerly
- Synonyms: polite, civil, cultured
- Example: Their English teacher is a very genteel lady.
- Definition: being hideous and horrible in appearance or behavior
- Synonyms: horrendous, terrible, awful
- Example: He is known for his gruesome anger.
- Definition: being generous in sharing and helping others
- Synonyms: kind, benevolent, big-hearted
- Example: He is a very giving person and donates half of his earnings.
- Definition: marked by rudeness and bluntness
- Synonyms: hoarse, rough, coarse
- Example: His dog was barking in a gruff tone.
- Definition: being disgusting and offensive
- Synonyms: filthy, dirty, nasty
- Example: This documents show his gross misconduct while he was a serving officer.
- Definition: being able to face calamities and hardships
- Synonyms: courageous, brave, bold
- Example: She is a gritty woman.
- Definition: full of gossips and unwisely talkative
- Synonyms: chatty, talkative, blabby
- Example: This minister’s wife is a very gossipy woman.
- Definition: being brave and valiant
- Synonyms: fearless, courageous, dauntless
- Example: They were studying about their gallant heroes.
- Definition: of a shade between white and black
- Synonyms: ashen, grey, blackish
- Example: He was looking handsome in his gray tuxedo.
Positive Adjectives That Start with G
Here are a few positive adjectives that start with G that will expand your vocabulary and make it more attractive and knowledgeable. Use these words to impress and delight your family and friends.
- Definition: full of happiness and joy
- Synonyms: cheerful, joyous, elated
- Example: He was very satisfied to see her glad daughter.
- Definition: being grand and majestic
- Synonyms: royal, luxurious, pompous
- Example: She lives a grandiose lifestyle.
- Definition: being superb and with great beauty
- Synonyms: brilliant, wonderful, splendid
- Example: Her graduation day was a glorious day for her.
- Definition: filled with warmth and compassion
- Synonyms: friendly, cordial, amiable
- Example: His late father was a very sociable and genial man.
- Definition: being true and sincere
- Synonyms: natural, candid, authentic
- Example: He is a trustworthy and genuine friend.
- Definition: filled with talent and competence
- Synonyms: talented, skillful, proficient
- Example: He is a gifted singer and can make others feel his voice.
- Definition: showing radiance and glow
- Synonyms: shining, bright, luminous
- Example: Her gleaming eyes were as deep as ocean.
- Definition: full of giggles and chuckles
- Synonyms: chuckling, laughing, happy
- Example: Her giggly kids were making everyone cheerful.
- Definition: having a smooth and glossy surface
- Synonyms: glossy, shiny, sleek
- Example: Her glazy hair is the most beautiful feature.
- Definition: being relevant and in accordance with
- Synonyms: appropriate, suitable, apposite
- Example: There is no reason to object these germane amendments.
Adjectives That Start with G to Describe a Person
This section comprises adjectives that start with G to describe a person. These will be especially useful if you need to discuss a person’s unique qualities. Try to incorporate them into our daily life.
- Definition: being genteel and polite
- Synonyms: kind, tender, soft
- Example: Everyone was admiring his gentle manner of giving instructions.
- Definition: characterized with a flashy display
- Synonyms: showy, tacky, garish
- Example: She was wearing silver bows and gaudy ribbons.
- Definition: full of charms and elegance
- Synonyms: attractive, impressive
- Example: She is a glamorous lady and wears the most elegant outfits.
- Definition: being benevolent and helpful
- Synonyms: kind, giving, considerate
- Example: He is such a generous man that he gave half of his money to charity.
- Definition: being in a shock and confused state
- Synonyms: confused, foggy, befuddled
- Example: The doctor is still with the groggy patient.
- Definition: being nice and virtuous
- Synonyms: fine, righteous, true
- Example: A good man never disrespects any woman.
- Definition: being good and kind at heart
- Synonyms: kindhearted, benignant, generous
- Example: Giovanni is a goodhearted Italian man.
- Definition: filled with gratitude and appreciation
- Synonyms: thankful, appreciative, indebted
- Example: All of us are grateful students of Mister Roff.
- Definition: which is extremely pretty
- Synonyms: beautiful, charming, enticing
- Example: Kiara is a witty and gorgeous dancer.
- Definition: being profoundly knowledgeable and competent
- Synonyms: talented, gifted, proficient
- Example: He is a genius mathematician and can solve any mathematical problem.
Adjectives That Start with G to Describe Someone
Here you’ll discover G words to describe someone, as well as meanings and examples of how to use them. Try using these describing words beginning with G to describe someone simply and concisely. Reading these adjectives can enable you to broaden your lexicon.
- Definition: full of grace and elegance
- Synonyms: modest, refined, exquisite
- Example: She has such a graceful personality.
- Definition: being best of all or most
- Synonyms: good, outstanding, distinguished
- Example: A great leader knows how to deal with opponents.
- Definition: being genteel and polite in conduct
- Synonyms: courteous, kind, polite, civil
- Example: He is a gracious man who is sincere to everyone.
- Definition: easily annoyed or provoked
- Synonyms: irritating, annoying, irksome
- Example: It was difficult to hide from those galling reporters.
- Definition: being given guidance and instructions
- Synonyms: steered, driven, directed
- Example: He is not the real murderer but just guided bait.
- Definition: causing fright or displeasure
- Synonyms: awful, terrible, horrendous
- Example: The kids were frightened by the appearance of a ghastly man.
- Definition: being huge in size and physique
- Synonyms: big, huge, large
- Example: A giant man was holding a little panda.
- Definition: being tidied up and taken care of
- Synonyms: tidy, clean, attractive
- Example: It’s hard to believe that this groomed man is the same beggar who used to wear tattered clothes.
- Definition: being excessively desirous of acquiring
- Synonyms: voracious, insatiable, greedy
- Example: He is rich but also a gluttonous man.
- Definition: being huge in size and physique
- Synonyms: huge, massive, large
- Example: The sudden appearance of a gigantic man scared her.
Popular Adjectives That Start with G
This list contains adjective words that start with G. How many of these popular adjectives that start with the letter G do you use in everyday speech and writing?
- Definition: with courtesy and manners
- Synonyms: polite, gracious, gentle
- Example: His Asian wife was talking about his British gentlemanly ways.
- Definition: having a smooth and glazy surface
- Synonyms: sleek, lustrous, silky
- Example: She preferred glossy nails over matte.
- Definition: a person who is very tall and thin and moves awkwardly
- Synonyms: lanky, gangly, rangy
- Example: He is a gangling adolescent.
- Definition: being heated and cooked over a grill
- Synonyms: baked, cooked, roasted
- Example: He always orders grilled fish whenever he comes to this restaurant.
- Definition: which is expanding or becoming greater
- Synonyms: increasing, rising, developing
- Example: Piercing is a growing trend among the young.
- Definition: having done a sin or any wrong doing
- Synonyms: culpable, culprit, blameworthy
- Example: He is a guilty man and must be punished by the court.
- Definition: being kept under watch and security
- Synonyms: protected, secured, shielded
- Example: You would be safe in this guarded house.
- Definition: being free of germs
- Synonyms: sterilized, hygienic, aseptic
- Example: These are germfree napkins and won’t irritate your wound.
- Definition: being shrewd and wily
- Synonyms: cunning, crafty, foxy
- Example: They can use all guileful tricks to hurt you.
- Definition: lacking guts and courage to face or do things
- Synonyms: spineless, coward, wimpy
- Example: He is a physically string but morally a gutless man.
Useful List of Adjectives That Start with G
Our daily interactions and writings are dominated by G adjectives. Check out our list of adjectives that start with G and are quite helpful in our daily lives. To seem more professional, try using these essential adjectives.
- Definition: being coated with gold showing luxury
- Synonyms: gold, grand, golden
- Example: The King sits on a gilded throne.
- Definition: being able to generate or produce
- Synonyms: prolific, rich, productive
- Example: You can’t undermine the generative power of love and passion.
- Definition: overly flashy and rhetorical
- Synonyms: pretentious, overblown, pompous
- Example: He made such grandiloquent comments at the party as if he is a king.
- Definition: being unpleasant and unwieldy
- Synonyms: awkward, graceless, gauche
- Example: He was really a gawky teenager.
- Definition: being in a unrestricted flow
- Synonyms: flowing, enthusiastic, gushy
- Example: He was overly excited and made a gushing speech.
- Definition: characterized by assurance and certainty
- Synonyms: assured, ensured, certain
- Example: He was now imagining his guaranteed freedom.
- Definition: displaying radiance and glare
- Synonyms: dazzling, brilliant, gleaming
- Example: He gave me a glaring stare when I talked about him.
- Definition: relating to origin, or arising from a common origin
- Synonyms: original
- Example: He is doing a research on the genetic relations between languages.
- Definition: being sociable and feeling pleasure around good company of people
- Synonyms: friendly, social, genial
- Example: He is a gregarious businessman.
- Definition: causing dread or fright
- Synonyms: dreadful, awful, ghastly
- Example: He rejected the offer saying he can’t do such a god-awful work.
Negative Adjectives That Start with G
Are you seeking negative adjectives that start with G? You’ve come to the right spot; here is a list of negative adjectives with letter G. Here are the most fascinating, one-of-a-kind, and powerful adjectives having negative meanings.
- Definition: marked by a pretentious and boastful display
- Synonyms: gaudy, loud, showy
- Example: He is always so talkative when he is in a garish mode.
- Definition: full of grief and sorrow
- Synonyms: sad, distressed, woeful
- Example: He was consoling her grievous father.
- Definition: causing a miserable and despondent feeling
- Synonyms: depressed, melancholy, stressful
- Example: I feel suffocated in his dark and gloomy room.
- Definition: unsophisticated
- Synonyms: awkward, gawky, inelegant
- Example: She is a shy and gauche girl.
- Definition: of severe discomfort and pain
- Synonyms: stinging, stabbing, piercing
- Example: She was in a gnawing pain after surgery.
- Definition: marked with stupidity and craziness
- Synonyms: silly, foolish, dumb
- Example: He is a comedian with a goofy sense of humor.
- Definition: without grace and elegance
- Synonyms: clumsy, gauche, inelegant
- Example: He was not likes by most people because of his rude and graceless behavior.
- Definition: being overly desirous of something
- Synonyms: covetous, avaricious, grasping
- Example: No greedy man can ever feel satiated.
- Definition: being full of grief and distress
- Synonyms: mournful, bereaved, grievous
- Example: The whole of the class was grief-stricken when their class fellow died.
- Definition: holding a grudge or bitterness towards something or someone
- Synonyms: envious, resentful, malicious
- Example: It was evident that this was his grudging remarks.
More Adjectives That Start with G
Here are several descriptive words beginning with G that can help you explain your point. Please feel free to share these adjectives that start with G with your friends and family.
- Definition: of a ripe age
- Synonyms: mature, adult, full-grown
- Example: None of us was expecting such a stupid act from a grown-up man.
- Definition: being good and wonderful
- Synonyms: nifty, dandy, trendy
- Example: He gave his colleagues a groovy birthday party.
- Definition: not being able to produce any gain
- Synonyms: unprofitable, unproductive, unrewarding
- Example: This is a gainless task.
- Definition: having the fear of God and his presence
- Synonyms: devout, godly, religious
- Example: His father is a very religious and god-fearing man.
- Definition: being filled or covered with greasy
- Synonyms: oily, slippery, sleek
- Example: These tools are very greasy.
- Definition: unsophisticated
- Synonyms: haggard, drawn, cadaverous
- Example: She is a tall and gaunt woman.
- Definition: being bright and sparkly
- Synonyms: shinning, lustrous, glossy
- Example: She wants to go to the glistening beach of Maldives.
- Definition: full of gayety and joy
- Synonyms: joyful, jolly, elated
- Example: He was happy to see her daughters’ gleeful laughters.
- Definition: being filled of or covered with filth
- Synonyms: dirty, filthy, unclean
- Example: They found him in a little grimy hut.
- Definition: ignorant or not fully matured
- Synonyms: inexperienced, immature, naive
- Example: He has to put up with his gossipy and green colleagues.
Adjectives That Start with G – Full List (414 Words)
We looked over adjectives that start with the letter G in this article. Reread the list of adjectives that start with G discussed above and a lot more for you to learn by yourself. How many of these are you already familiar with?
Final Thoughts on Adjectives That Start with G
This article has given you a list of adjectives starting with G that are often used in our daily conversation. You can also read the definitions, synonyms, and examples of each of these descriptive words that start with G, allowing you to use the terms in various settings and therefore extend your vocabulary.
When we believe we are not using or finding the proper term, it may be pretty frustrating. This happens to native and non-native English speakers alike. If this is the case, certain adjectives may be required. We’ve collected a list of the most often used adjectives that start with G.
We hope you found what you were looking for. Thank you for reading our article on adjectives that start with G. You’ve noticed how crucial adjectives are in our regular conversations by now.