There is a variety of adjectives that start with L including lying, loving, loyal, lustful, and luxury, to name a few. When it comes to adjectives that start with L, the letter L is a very often used letter in all forms of writing and speaking.
When you use adjectives beginning with L, you may describe almost anything or anybody since there are so many of them. This could be a lengthy list as there are tons of L adjectives, but we have carefully picked just those adjectives that we feel will be of service to you.
We’ve also included two unique lists following our whole collection to assist you in finding precisely what you’re searching for so that you may be your gorgeous descriptive self even more effectively. Improve your vocabulary by studying a selection of adjectives that start with L.
In this collection of descriptive words that start with L, there is a good chance that you will find a phrase that expresses what you want to say. Let’s get started with our list of adjectives that start with L.
Common Adjectives That Start with L
In the section down below, we have compiled a list of adjectives that start with L that you can use in your daily life. Read more to find adjectives starting with L.
- Definition: expressing the writer’s emotions in an imaginative and beautiful way
- Synonyms: songlike, lyric, melodic
- Example: The book features lyrical descriptions of the author’s upbringing.
- Definition: more merciful or tolerant than expected
- Synonyms: merciful, clement, sparing
- Example: His sentence was too lenient.
- Definition: extremely comfortable or elegant
- Synonyms: opulent, sumptuous, affluent
- Example: She had come to enjoy Roberto’s luxurious lifestyle.
- Definition: having luster; shining
- Synonyms: shiny, shining, satiny
- Example: His fur was lustrous, and his nose looked like black velvet.
- Definition: growing luxuriantly
- Synonyms: luxuriant, rich, abundant
- Example: The sheep were grazing on the lush green pastures.
- Definition: appealing strongly to the senses
- Synonyms: delicious, succulent, lush
- Example: The dancers bathed in luscious strains.
- Definition: unpleasantly bright in color
- Synonyms: brightly colored, bright, over-bright
- Example: Sensing some sort of lurid story, all five of them waited for her to speak.
- Definition: full of or covered with lumps
- Synonyms: bumpy, knobby, bulging
- Example: The entrance was quite lumpy with poor visibility.
- Definition: bright or shining
- Synonyms: shining, bright, brilliant
- Example: The luminous dial on the clock showed six minutes to eight.
- Definition: emitting light not caused by heat
- Synonyms: bright, brilliant, lustrous
- Example: Our group is working on a transparent luminescent solar concentrator.
Positive Adjectives That Start with L
Using proper adjectives has a huge impact on your writing. If you don’t believe, try to use following positive adjectives starting with L that are appropriate and right way you can feel a different tone.
- Definition: feeling or showing love
- Synonyms: fondness, adoring, affectionate
- Example: She is a very loving child.
- Definition: very beautiful or attractive
- Synonyms: beautiful, pretty, attractive
- Example: We had a lovely evening.
- Definition: imposing height
- Synonyms: tall, high, giant
- Example: The lofty walls of the castle looked impregnable.
- Definition: full of life and energy
- Synonyms: energetic, active, animated
- Example: She’d proven as lively in bed as she was timid outside of it.
- Definition: able to read and write
- Synonyms: educated, well educated, well-read
- Example: Their parents were uneducated and barely literate.
- Definition: without end
- Synonyms: boundless, unbounded, unlimited
- Example: His power is limitless, and he is omniscient.
- Definition: amusing and entertaining
- Synonyms: carefree, cheerful, cheery
- Example: He seemed rather lighthearted about the building situation.
- Definition: conforming to the law or rules
- Synonyms: legal, lawful, licit
- Example: I was there when he was crowned legitimate king.
- Definition: described in or based on legends
- Synonyms: famous, celebrated, famed
- Example: His courage and exploits were legendary.
- Definition: sumptuously rich
- Synonyms: sumptuous, luxurious, luxuriant
- Example: They lived a very lavish lifestyle.
Adjectives That Start with L to Describe a Person
A phrase without adjectives would seem bland and nothing pleasant. And once you include some of the adjectives that start with L to describe a person in it, suddenly it seems more engaging.
- Definition: unable to walk without difficulty
- Synonyms: limping, hobbling, incapacitated
- Example: She was lame for the rest of her days.
- Definition: unfortunate; regrettable
- Synonyms: deplorable, regrettable, tragic
- Example: His unabashed bias revealed his lamentable immaturity.
- Definition: doing something or taking place after the expected
- Synonyms: behind time, behind schedule, behind
- Example: She was 30 minutes late.
- Definition: deserving praise and commendation
- Synonyms: praiseworthy, commendable, admirable
- Example: One of Emma’s less laudable characteristics was her jealousy.
- Definition: so ludicrous as to be amusing
- Synonyms: ridiculous, ludicrous, absurd
- Example: That image of yours seems laughable.
- Definition: furiously angry
- Synonyms: furious, angry, infuriated
- Example: She was livid that he had escaped.
- Definition: unwilling to work or use energy
- Synonyms: idle, indolent, slothful
- Example: She is very much lazy these days.
- Definition: showing, requiring, or characterized by learning
- Synonyms: scholarly, erudite, well educated
- Example: He is a learned professor.
- Definition: cautious or wary due to realistic suspicions
- Synonyms: wary, cautious, careful
- Example: He has always been a little leery of authority figures.
- Definition: sluggish and apathetic
- Synonyms: sluggish, inert, inactive
- Example: Jones was very poor; he looked so lethargic.
Adjectives That Start with L to Describe Someone
Having a big collection of vocabulary is the basis for learning any language. And here is a collection of L words to describe someone. Read more to discover describing words beginning with L.
- Definition: calm and sensible
- Synonyms: sensible, practical, realistic
- Example: She remained levelheaded all day.
- Definition: willing to respect or accept opinions
- Synonyms: progressive, advanced, modern
- Example: She has quite liberal parents.
- Definition: very tall and thin
- Synonyms: slim, slender, lean
- Example: He is a lanky small boy.
- Definition: amusing and entertaining
- Synonyms: carefree, cheerful, cheery
- Example: He was amazingly lighthearted and peaceful.
- Definition: happy and carefree
- Synonyms: buoyant, lively, cheerful
- Example: She was a lightsome, high-flying dancer.
- Definition: pleasant, and easy to like
- Synonyms: pleasant, nice, friendly
- Example: He seems like a friendly, likable young man.
- Definition: lithe or supple
- Synonyms: lithe, supple, nimble
- Example: You have to practice keeping yourself limber.
- Definition: brave and determined
- Synonyms: brave, courageous, valiant
- Example: He is a lionhearted man.
- Definition: thin, supple, and graceful
- Synonyms: supple, lithe, limber
- Example: She is slim, lissome, with eyes like licked stone.
- Definition: lacking energy or enthusiasm
- Synonyms: lethargic, enervated, lackadaisical
- Example: She waved a listless hand in the air.
Popular Adjectives That Start with L
In the section down below, we have compiled a list of popular adjective words that start with L that you can use in your daily life. Read more for adjectives that start with the letter L.
- Definition: only moderately warm
- Synonyms: tepid, slightly warm, warmish
- Example: Heat the milk until it is just lukewarm.
- Definition: so foolish, or unreasonable
- Synonyms: absurd, ridiculous, farcical
- Example: The plan was so romantically ludicrous that he giggled.
- Definition: producing a great deal of profit
- Synonyms: profitable, profit-making, gainful
- Example: She decided to turn his hobby into a lucrative sideline.
- Definition: brilliant, shining, or translucent
- Synonyms: beamy, bright, effulgent
- Example: She clasped her hands, and her eyes were lucent with mistiness.
- Definition: having a low rank or position
- Synonyms: lowly, petty, secondary
- Example: He is a very low-ranking coach.
- Definition: containing or having less fat than usual
- Synonyms: low-calorie food, natural food, nonfat food
- Example: Use a low-fat spread instead of butter.
- Definition: less high in position
- Synonyms: bottom, bottommost, under
- Example: She nibbled on her lower lip.
- Definition: containing fewer carbohydrates than usual
- Synonyms: Atkins diet, cannibal
- Example: She has a low-carb diet.
- Definition: containing fewer calories
- Synonyms: calorific, caramelized, caramelized
- Example: This food is low-calorie.
- Definition: uncouth and aggressive
- Synonyms: uncouth, rude, impolite
- Example: He was not as loutish as his manner suggested.
Useful List of Adjectives That Start with L
In most cases, you have to add adjectives to explain, and a list of adjectives that start with L below may be a good choice. Read on the below list of L adjectives.
- Definition: very poor or bad
- Synonyms: awful, terrible, appalling
- Example: He blamed her for a lousy weekend.
- Definition: producing much noise
- Synonyms: noisy, blaring, booming
- Example: The loud music made him feel uninhibited.
- Definition: someone who acts superior to others
- Synonyms: noble, aristocratic, princely
- Example: He always gets lordly titles.
- Definition: tending to talk a great deal
- Synonyms: talkative, garrulous, voluble
- Example: She is a loquacious lady.
- Definition: with one side lower or smaller than the other
- Synonyms: asymmetrical, unsymmetrical, uneven
- Example: His lips twisted into a lopsided smile.
- Definition: not firmly or tightly fixed in place
- Synonyms: not fixed in place, not secure, insecure
- Example: The screw became loose.
- Definition: continuing at tedious length
- Synonyms: lengthy, long, overlong
- Example: His speeches tend to be rather long-winded.
- Definition: continuing to exist for a long period of time
- Synonyms: prolonged, abiding, continuing
- Example: Scientists warned of the long-term effects of global warming.
- Definition: sad because one has no company
- Synonyms: isolated, alone, all alone
- Example: She is so lonely these days.
- Definition: appropriate for or typical of a well-bred
- Synonyms: genteel, polite, refined
- Example: She is very ladylike and elegant.
Negative Adjectives That Start with L
Looking for adjectives with letter L? Here is the collection of negative adjectives that start with L. We have chosen some of the most noteworthy adjectives that have negative meanings.
- Definition: without leaves
- Synonyms: defoliated, scapose, aphyllous
- Example: These leafless trees made the garden lonely.
- Definition: requiring considerable time and effort
- Synonyms: arduous, hard, heavy
- Example: Away from his father, he maintained his laborious habits.
- Definition: lacking enthusiasm and determination
- Synonyms: careless, lazy, lax
- Example: Zee has a rather lackadaisical approach to his work.
- Definition: dead
- Synonyms: dead, deceased, defunct
- Example: Her lifeless body was recovered.
- Definition: relaxed and peaceful
- Synonyms: relaxed, unhurried, languorous
- Example: The heat makes Sam languid and quiet.
- Definition: having the character of or constituting larceny
- Synonyms: rapacious, crooked, criminal
- Example: Certain agents are frankly larcenous.
- Definition: filled with a sexual desire
- Synonyms: lecherous, lewd, lustful
- Example: He was cruel, lascivious, and irreligious.
- Definition: not governed by or obedient to laws
- Synonyms: anarchic, anarchical, disorderly
- Example: It had become a lawless, anarchic city in which corruption thrived.
- Definition: lacking in vitality
- Synonyms: uninspired, unimaginative, full
- Example: Our team gave a lackluster performance.
- Definition: look or gaze in a lascivious way
- Synonyms: ogle, look lasciviously, look suggestively
- Example: She acted like a perfect lady, never once leering at Watson.
More Adjectives That Start with L
Looking for the some descriptive words beginning with L? We have gathered a list of adjectives that start with L below, that you can use in your daily life, and improve your vocabulary.
- Definition: mad or silly
- Synonyms: foolish, harebrained, preposterous
- Example: Jane’s idea sounds pretty loopy to me.
- Definition: existing but not yet developed or manifest
- Synonyms: dormant, quiescent, inactive
- Example: How long is its latent period?
- Definition: causing hatred or disgust
- Synonyms: hateful, detestable, abhorrent
- Example: Both suffered severely from insufficient and loathsome food.
- Definition: torn or deeply cut
- Synonyms: carving, chipping, chiseling
- Example: She suffered a lacerated hand.
- Definition: not sufficiently strict, or severe
- Synonyms: slack, slipshod, negligent
- Example: There were lax security arrangements at the airport.
- Definition: resulting from good luck
- Synonyms: fortunate, in luck, blessed
- Example: He’s gone straight to the top, the lucky boy.
- Definition: expressed clearly; easy to understand
- Synonyms: intelligible, comprehensible, understandable
- Example: It was a lucid dream; half awake and asleep.
- Definition: showing firm and constant support
- Synonyms: faithful, true, true-hearted
- Example: He is so loyal that he cannot betray his friend.
- Definition: not likely to result in failure
- Synonyms: riskless, safe, secure
- Example: It is a low-risk, high-reward chance for you.
- Definition: requiring little care or maintenance
- Synonyms: Easy to do, easy, simple
- Example: It is low-maintenance work.
Adjectives That Start with L – Full List (509 Words)
Here is a full list of adjectives that start with L that we have discussed in above categories and some more helpful ones for you. Take a look at these adjectives to get a better perspective of the letter L.
Final Thoughts on Adjectives That Start with L
These were the adjectives starting with L that we produced only for you, so that you may enjoy and refer to this assortment whenever required. We hope this collection of adjectives that start with L was not too overwhelming.
We have attempted to make it as simple to browse as possible since we have observed that there are many other sites that display such a collection in a style that is either hard to read or full of esoteric jargon.
Thank you for reading our article on descriptive words that start with L. You must have realized by now the importance of adjectives in daily conversations. Also, share these adjectives that start with L with everyone who would enjoy and utilize them.