Adjectives that start with N are essential in both everyday discourse and professional correspondence. If you want to enhance your English and extend your vocabulary, these adjectives that start with N are a must-read.
Adjectives, together with nouns, verbs, and adverbs, are one of the four primary word classes. They change or characterize the features and characteristics of humans, animals, and objects. Do you realize that adjectives that start with N have a significant beneficial influence on your daily life? Using the appropriate words might help you inspire others via your intellectual language.
People will remember you in a constructive manner if you have a large vocabulary. While it is impossible to master all of the adjectives in a dictionary, there is always space for development and learning new words. Adjectives beginning with N assist us in better expressing our views.
There are eight categories of adjectives that start with N, including positive adjectives, negative adjectives, popular adjectives, and commonly used adjectives, among many others. A lot of descriptive words that start with N, like other letters, describe things in a captivating way. Studying adjectives beginning with N will get you one step closer to being an expert in English language vocabulary.
You Might Also Like:
Common Adjectives That Start with N
We have gone through some of the most common adjectives starting with N in this section. These often used adjectives that start with N are defined, synonymized, and exemplified.
- Definition: which must be there for desired results
- Synonyms: required, requisite, necessary, needful
- Example: I gave him the needed money for his surgery.
- Definition: of contemporary times
- Synonyms: modern, up-to-date, trendy
- Example: John Lennon is a role model for neoteric musicians.
- Definition: of a nation
- Synonyms: country, state, land
- Example: We must promote our national heroes.
- Definition: beginning to emerge or develop
- Synonyms: emerging, developing, budding, incipient
- Example: The exhibition also displays nascent art.
- Definition: open to negotiations and discussions
- Synonyms: debatable, flexible, arguable
- Example: Our demands are negotiable.
- Definition: which is required
- Synonyms: essential, mandatory, indispensable
- Example: Necessary steps must be taken to avoid any misuse of weapons.
- Definition: marked with a shiny and luminous surface
- Synonyms: radiant, bright, glossy, glowing
- Example: She likes spending calm nights beneath the nitid moon.
- Definition: skillful marked with quickness
- Synonyms: agile, quick, swift, dexterous
- Example: The thief took my bracelet with his nimble fingers.
- Definition: being provided with enough nutrition
- Synonyms: nurtured, sustained, maintained
- Example: Only a nourished woman can face the pains of femininity.
- Definition: without violence and aggression
- Synonyms: calm, benevolent, kindhearted
- Example: Kids become close to nonviolent persons.
Positive Adjectives That Start with N
Here are some positive adjectives. It is always vital to employ a positive adjective to describe someone or something in order to inspire or motivate those around you. Reading through these positive adjectives that start with N might help you improve your vocabulary.
- Definition: devoid of dirt and flaws
- Synonyms: tidy, orderly, clean, trimmed
- Example: He always keeps his books in a neat manner.
- Definition: having a good influence or quality
- Synonyms: well, good, pleasant
- Example: There are a lot of nice parks for ladies.
- Definition: exhibiting dignity in behavior or appearance
- Synonyms: dignified, virtuous, honorable
- Example: He has a very noble character.
- Definition: which is typical or ordinary
- Synonyms: regular, usual, common
- Example: Plastic surgery is a normal thing in South Korea.
- Definition: without any harsh or harmful elements
- Synonyms: benign, harmless, safe
- Example: This facial cream is made from nontoxic ingredients so it’s safe to use.
- Definition: relating to the intellect or mind
- Synonyms: brainy, clever, rational
- Example: His noetic quality of a magical experience refers to the sense of revelation.
- Definition: which in prominent and distinguished
- Synonyms: remarkable, outstanding, extraordinary
- Example: We had a noteworthy discussion with the director today.
- Definition: relating to holiness or divinity
- Synonyms: spiritual, divine, mystic
- Example: You will feel very calm at this numinous place.
- Definition: unique in its kind
- Synonyms: rare, new, unusual, unique
- Example: This is a novel disease.
- Definition: providing nutrition that is good for health
- Synonyms: healthful, wholesome, nourishing
- Example: Potato is the nutritious staple food in Ireland.
Adjectives That Start with N to Describe a Person
Please have a look through our list of adjectives that begin with N to figure out the ideal way to describe someone. Adjectives are used to describe one of a person’s most unique features. Let’s make use of adjectives that start with N to describe a person as much as possible.
- Definition: not known or having no identification
- Synonyms: unnamed, unidentified, anonymous
- Example: The officers cannot detain a nameless person.
- Definition: which is confined
- Synonyms: restricted, limited, constricted
- Example: His narrow social interaction makes him less popular.
- Definition: not giving attention and due consideration
- Synonyms: reckless, heedless, inattentive
- Example: He shows very negligent attitude towards his kids.
- Definition: not in accordance with trends and current fashion
- Synonyms: boring, dull, bland, unfashionable
- Example: He is a nerdy guy who just plays games.
- Definition: without any bias and partiality
- Synonyms: unbiased, neutral, unprejudiced
- Example: He is an efficient and nonpartisan judge.
- Definition: known unfavorably and disgracefully
- Synonyms: ill-famed, infamous, scandalous
- Example: Charles Manson is a notorious criminal.
- Definition: insensitive to physical stimuli
- Synonyms: insensitive, unfeeling, cold
- Example: My foot was numb with cold.
- Definition: devoid of any cover or protection
- Synonyms: uncovered, exposed, unprotected
- Example: His naked eye was hurt badly by crackers.
- Definition: believing in bad consequences or considering negative sides
- Synonyms: pessimistic, cynical, distrustful
- Example: He is a negative person and doesn’t create good vibes.
- Definition: exhibiting no interest and interest
- Synonyms: unexceptional, uninteresting, bland
- Example: He is a nondescript person.
Adjectives That Start with N to Describe Someone
The utilization of describing words beginning with N is simple; however, the impact on the audience is profound. You will notice how much more informed you feel once you have added these N words to describe someone in your vocabulary.
- Definition: who is local and living in a particular place from the beginning
- Synonyms: indigenous, aboriginal, inherent
- Example: He moved back to live and work in her native China.
- Definition: repulsive because of obnoxious behavior
- Synonyms: unpleasant, disgusting, offensive
- Example: He is a nasty man who is always offensive to others.
- Definition: producing noise and disturbances
- Synonyms: loud, uproarious, rowdy
- Example: The boys playing in the front ground are very noisy.
- Definition: who is disregarded or overlooked by family
- Synonyms: ignored, abandoned, rejected
- Example: He is a neglected kid, so we must be nice to him.
- Definition: inspecting something impertinently marked with curiosity
- Synonyms: prying, snoopy, curious
- Example: The nosy kids entered the basement without permission.
- Definition: tending to offend and tease others
- Synonyms: unpleasant, offensive, vile
- Example: His noisome neighbor knows no manners.
- Definition: playful in an annoying manner
- Synonyms: mischievous, impish, puckish, playful
- Example: David has got some really naughty kids.
- Definition: causing offense and disrespect
- Synonyms: disrespectful, offensive, repulsive
- Example: You must stay away from a nauseous person.
- Definition: characterized by anger
- Synonyms: angry, furious, mad
- Example: Every kid is scared of her nutty grandfather.
- Definition: marked with absurdity or without common sense
- Synonyms: silly, idiotic, stupid
- Example: He is a nonsensical man arguing so much over minimal things.
Popular Adjectives That Start with N
The popular adjective words that start with N in the following list can help you make your presentation more professional and precise in its content. These popular adjectives that start with the letter N are thoroughly analyzed, with meanings and synonyms.
- Definition: filled by confusion and surprise
- Synonyms: bewildered, puzzled, confounded
- Example: His nonplussed expressions at the verdict were seen by everyone.
- Definition: marked by a lack of concern or interest towards anything
- Synonyms: casual, indifferent, cool, calm
- Example: He heard everyone’s suggestions with a nonchalant attitude.
- Definition: marked by symptoms of neurosis
- Synonyms: obsessive, compulsive, overwrought
- Example: He is a neurotic man.
- Definition: without any bias or partiality
- Synonyms: unbiased, impartial, objective, unprejudiced
- Example: He is an honest and neutral police officer.
- Definition: not inclined to violence and aggression
- Synonyms: pacified, non-violent, peaceful
- Example: These insects are nonaggressive and don’t bite.
- Definition: causing annoyance and displeasure
- Synonyms: vexing, annoying, irritating.
- Example: He is struggling through certain nettlesome issues.
- Definition: marked with goodness and excellence
- Synonyms: great, fine, excellent, brilliant
- Example: Kevin wrote some nifty musical notes for the competition.
- Definition: which can cause harm and injury
- Synonyms: harmful, toxic, deadly, injurious
- Example: They have to do experiments with certain noxious chemicals.
- Definition: without the influence of civilization
- Synonyms: uncivilized, primitive, crude
- Example: He wants to see the side of noncivilized parts of the world.
- Definition: morally wicked in behavior and action
- Synonyms: wicked, evil, vile, vicious
- Example: The intelligence officers exposed their nefarious scheme to kill the politician.
Useful List of Adjectives That Start with N
Here you will discover a list of adjectives that start with N, which are essential for our everyday conversation. Using these N adjectives can assist you talk more confidently and concisely. How many of the below descriptors do you already know?
- Definition: extremely patriotic
- Synonyms: nationalist, chauvinist, patriotic, jingoistic
- Example: There is an emergence of nationalistic leaders across the globe.
- Definition: without words and usually with gestures and signs
- Synonyms: gestural, non-spoken, wordless
- Example: She wants to learn nonverbal communication.
- Definition: wearing no clothes
- Synonyms: naked, stark naked, bare
- Example: There was a painting of a nude model.
- Definition: causing insensitivity to physical stimuli
- Synonyms: insensitive, unfeeling, cold
- Example: It’s really numbing cold outside.
- Definition: interlinked in a manner resembling a net
- Synonyms: netted, webbed, lacy, webby
- Example: She decorated the wall with paints in netlike patterns.
- Definition: more than what is casually countable
- Synonyms: many, various, multiple, multitude
- Example: There are numerous food stores in this town.
- Definition: which is not liable to fall or fail
- Synonyms: foolproof, infallible, certain
- Example: We must devise a never-failing plan to catch those smugglers.
- Definition: not giving proper care or attention
- Synonyms: negligent, remiss, lax
- Example: You are being neglectful of my guests.
- Definition: which is contemporary and trendy
- Synonyms: modern, up-to-date, latest
- Example: This dress is an article of newfangled fashion.
- Definition: which can be navigated safely
- Synonyms: passable, traversable, maneuverable
- Example: They have prepared a list of navigable rivers.
Negative Adjectives That Start with N
The section below contains a list of negative adjectives that start with N. We hope you will find this list beneficial in your journey to learn negative adjectives with letter N.
- Definition: constantly criticizing and finding faults
- Synonyms: fault-finding, complaining, petulant
- Example: She needs to get rid of her nagging friends.
- Definition: being tense or anxious in an uncomfortable state
- Synonyms: edgy, uncomfortable, anxious, nervy
- Example: She is feeling nervous about her first performance.
- Definition: marked with ignorance and lack of prudence
- Synonyms: ignorant, unaware, unconscious
- Example: The presenter was not happy with her nearsighted critics.
- Definition: which is horrible and terrifying
- Synonyms: horrible, terrible, dreadful, ghastly
- Example: The historian portrayed a nightmarish scene of war fighting in World Wars.
- Definition: relating to narcissism and self-obsession
- Synonyms: egoistic, self-obsessed, toxic
- Example: People must be awarded enough to spot narcissistic persons who want to harm them.
- Definition: which is not vivid or certain to decipher or understand
- Synonyms: hazy, vague, unclear, unfixed
- Example: They asked him a hard and nebulous question on the topic of evolution.
- Definition: which is insignificant and small in worth
- Synonyms: petty, trival, minimal
- Example: Even though he is a millionaire, he gave a niggling amount of charity.
- Definition: marked with absurdity and ill-logic
- Synonyms: gibberish, illogical, nonsensical, hogwash
- Example: He kept reading some nonsense verses while he was drunk.
- Definition: not capable of producing favorable outcomes
- Synonyms: unproductive, fruitless, vain
- Example: Whatever you are doing is a nonproductive effort because you are reading the wrong manual.
- Definition: marked with nervousness
- Synonyms: jumpy, edgy, worried, anxious
- Example: He is all nervy when it comes to viva.
More Adjectives That Start with N
This section offers descriptive words beginning with N to help you extend your ideas and improve your communication skills. Look through our list of adjectives that start with N.
- Definition: marked with a rough surface or texture
- Synonyms: stubby, lumpy, coarse
- Example: This pen is nubby and not smooth.
- Definition: not a single
- Synonyms: not, none, nothing
- Example: Nary a word was spoken by him at the event.
- Definition: of no value or importance
- Synonyms: zero, none, void
- Example: Her calls received a null response.
- Definition: pertaining to norms
- Synonyms: customary, standard, regulatory
- Example: The generation gap is one of the issues of normative societal order.
- Definition: marked with characteristics of perfection and excellence
- Synonyms: ideal, matchless, incomparable, nonesuch
- Example: For many people, Nelson Mandela is still a nonpareil leader of Africa.
- Definition: marked with motherly affection and concern
- Synonyms: caring, warm, friendly, protective
- Example: She is a very nurturing woman.
- Definition: who is just born into the world
- Synonyms: infant, baby, neonate
- Example: She has this weird obsession with newborn babies.
- Definition: which is needed and indispensable for desired outcomes
- Synonyms: needed, required, imperative
- Example: This is a needful tool that should not be forgotten.
- Definition: characterized by strength and self-control
- Synonyms: cool, feeble, calm, coolheaded
- Example: He is a skillful and nerveless horse rider.
- Definition: which is near and close to a certain point
- Synonyms: near, close, around, about
- Example: An old witch lived in the nearby town.
Adjectives That Start with N – Full List (560 Words)
For your convenience, we’ve gathered a list of adjectives that begin with the letter N. To go over all of the adjectives described above and learn some more N adjectives, look at the list of adjectives that start with N below.
Final Thoughts on Adjectives That Start with N
Do you feel educated now that you’ve read adjectives starting with N? Try and read them over and over again, and you’ll quickly notice a significant improvement. The more you study this article, the more you will learn. The easiest approach to remember these is to study two adjectives each day. Begin utilizing these descriptive words that start with N in social situations.
It is never simple to learn a language. It takes a lot of repetition before it becomes natural and fluent. So, keep studying and using these adjectives that start with N whenever possible. Adjectives that start with N have a positive effect on your thinking.
The more a person extends his vocabulary, the more he will be able to communicate his information among a group of educated individuals. Hopefully, this article has assisted you in expanding your vocabulary.