As you may know, adjectives that start with V are less abundant than those beginning with other alphabets, such as A, B, and C. They are, nonetheless, as important and required in the English language. Adjectives that start with V are used to describe nouns and pronouns, making your writing and speaking more specific and engaging.
Don’t be concerned if you lack confidence while speaking English. Here are some positive descriptive words that start with V. These adjectives that start with V will help you broaden your vocabulary and enhance your everyday communication. They make you appear to be a well-educated person. Adjectives can improve your mood and the emotions of others around you.
We often utilize adjectives beginning with V. In our daily lives, although acquiring new adjectives is important, knowing when and where to use them is even more important. It is better to restrict an adjective entirely rather than allow it in an improper context. The next problem is assessing whether adjectives that start with V are being used correctly. Let’s look at some adjectives that begin with the letter V.
Common Adjectives That Start with V
In this section below, we explored some of the most common adjectives starting with V. Definitions, synonyms, and examples are given for these commonly used adjectives that start with V.
- Definition: of or relating to spoken words
- Synonyms: oral, spoken, unwritten
- Example: He always feels nervous when it comes to verbal screening.
- Definition: which is not filled or taken
- Synonyms: empty, blank, unoccupied
- Example: He took the vacant seat in the front row.
- Definition: being precious and worthwhile
- Synonyms: priceless, important, invaluable
- Example: This is a valuable gift because it is from my mother.
- Definition: being disappeared or gone
- Synonyms: missing, lost, faded
- Example: There were still some feelings of vanished smell in the air.
- Definition: having no worth or value
- Synonyms: useless, meaningless, pointless
- Example: Struggling to increase height in the age of 35 is a valueless effort.
- Definition: of great size and amount etc
- Synonyms: huge, massive, large
- Example: They had a vast garden in their previous house.
- Definition: of or relating to specie of viruses
- Synonyms: virus, virus-related, pathological
- Example: She has a viral infection in between her fingers.
- Definition: greatly inclined towards talks and verbal communication
- Synonyms: wordy, chatty, talkative
- Example: She is a verbose woman and won’t let the boredom hit you.
- Definition: having high moral standards
- Synonyms: righteous, good, moral
- Example: She is a virtuous young lady.
- Definition: seeking to harm someone for a perceived injury
- Synonyms: vindictive, revengeful, avenging
- Example: They looked very vengeful.
Positive Adjectives That Start with V
Positive adjectives that start with V are listed here. It is always necessary to use a positive adjective to describe someone or something to encourage or motivate others around you. Reading through these positive adjectives may assist you in expanding your vocabulary.
- Definition: being deep, rich, and bright
- Synonyms: vivid, resonant, bright, striking
- Example: This traditional Chinese carpet is made up of vibrant colors.
- Definition: having gained victory
- Synonyms: winning, successful, conquering
- Example: The victorious army was further advancing towards the east.
- Definition: being able to adapt with skill and efficiency
- Synonyms: multi-talented, adaptable, flexible
- Example: He is a versatile actor and can act any role.
- Definition: which is clear and obvious
- Synonyms: distinct, unvague, clear
- Example: He is a vivid example of determination.
- Definition: being foremost and significant
- Synonyms: essential, crucial, important
- Example: This is a vital task and you must do it.
- Definition: which sound and true
- Synonyms: reasonable, cogent, authentic
- Example: The report is formulated from all valid data.
- Definition: which can produce or harvest
- Synonyms: fertile, productive, lush
- Example: This vegetative land expands to a large number of miles.
- Definition: having strength and influence
- Synonyms: strong, impactful, energetic
- Example: His vigorous speech made everyone emotional.
- Definition: being soft and smooth like velvet
- Synonyms: creamy, fluffy, silky
- Example: This cover has a velvety texture.
- Definition: which can be verified and confirmed
- Synonyms: confirmable, falsifiable, provable
- Example: They rechecked all the verifiable information before approval.
Adjectives That Start with V to Describe a Person
Please review our collection of adjectives that start with V to describe a person. Adjectives are used to define one of a person’s most distinguishing characteristics. Please make as much usage of them as practical.
- Definition: being overly desirous of something
- Synonyms: greedy, ravening, gluttonous
- Example: They have a voracious appetite because they are athletes.
- Definition: having a distinct vision
- Synonyms: radical, revolutionary, innovative
- Example: He is a visionary leader.
- Definition: being indecent and obscene
- Synonyms: rude, indecent, gross
- Example: He is a very immoral and vulgar man.
- Definition: being at risk of danger and harm
- Synonyms: weak, defenseless, unprotected
- Example: You should be careful with your words because right now he is an emotionally vulnerable man.
- Definition: being a wanderer having no fixed place to stay
- Synonyms: vagabond, drifter, transient
- Example: A band of vagrant robbers is roaming in the city.
- Definition: which can be subdued and conquered
- Synonyms: vincible, beatable, assailable
- Example: He has this vanquishable ignorance because he doesn’t want to know about it.
- Definition: showing great excitement by leaping
- Synonyms: jumping, hopping, skipping
- Example: The vaulting boy was much happy.
- Definition: greatly impressive and honored
- Synonyms: grand, honorable, dignified
- Example: He is a very competent and venerable speaker.
- Definition: being under the previous service of armed forces
- Synonyms: vet, oldtimer, ex-serviceman
- Example: His father is a retired veteran man.
- Definition: being hidden and concealed
- Synonyms: covered, masked, cloaked
- Example: A veiled lady helped him with money.
Adjectives That Start with V to Describe Someone
The use of V words to describe someone is straightforward, but the effect on readers or listeners is profound. After adding these describing words beginning with V to your lexicon, you will feel much more knowledgeable.
- Definition: having the characteristics of a villain
- Synonyms: nefarious, vile, evil
- Example: He is unhappy with his villainous boss.
- Definition: inclined towards seeking revenge
- Synonyms: unforgiving, revengeful, retributive
- Example: The vindictive victim became the murderer.
- Definition: being given vaccine or immunization shot
- Synonyms: injected, immunized, inoculated
- Example: Only vaccinated persons are allowed to enter.
- Definition: eating only vegetables
- Synonyms: vegan, veggie, herbivore
- Example: He is a vegetarian man and would not eat this meaty dish.
- Definition: not being in unlawful anxious immoral indulgence
- Synonyms: modest, pure, chaste
- Example: He drew a painting of virgin Mary.
- Definition: without voice or speech
- Synonyms: dumb, mute, silent
- Example: He can’t speak because he is a voiceless boy.
- Definition: being volunteers
- Synonyms: offering, willing, acting
- Example: The volunteering boys were asked to take a step forward.
- Definition: having value and worth
- Synonyms: esteemed, respected, honorable
- Example: You have to be nice to our valued customers.
- Definition: being a wanderer having no fixed place to stay
- Synonyms: vagrant, stray, drifter
- Example: He is a vagabond preacher and would leave soon.
- Definition: being brave and fearless
- Synonyms: courageous, valiant, gallant
- Example: The teacher was telling kids the story of a valorous hero.
Popular Adjectives That Start with V
In the list below, you will find popular adjectives that start with the letter V to make your speech more professional and clear in its meaning. These popular adjective words that start with V are discussed in detail, including definitions and synonyms.
- Definition: being green and lush
- Synonyms: fresh, flourishing, sprouting
- Example: They chose a verdant valley for their wedding.
- Definition: being given validation
- Synonyms: confirmed, endorsed, affirmed
- Example: The validated bill was then announced publicly.
- Definition: which can be viewed
- Synonyms: observable, discernible, perceptible
- Example: The font size is viewable and clear.
- Definition: being on internet and digital space
- Synonyms: online, web-based, electronically
- Example: The links for all virtual classes are stored in this file.
- Definition: being obvious and clear to sight
- Synonyms: evident, apparent, observable
- Example: You have to put a visible mark on that tree.
- Definition: marked by departure and farewell
- Synonyms: parting, goodbye, last
- Example: He has already prepared his valedictory speech.
- Definition: being plain and ordinary
- Synonyms: plain, normal, bland, boring
- Example: Today was a vanilla day for me.
- Definition: being diverse and different
- Synonyms: mixed, heterogeneous, wide-ranging
- Example: There are varied side-effects of this product
- Definition: having no settled home
- Synonyms: itinerant, wandering, nomadic
- Example: He is a vagabond poacher.
- Definition: being of different and diverse
- Synonyms: varied, various, multifarious
- Example: It was difficult to comprehend his varying expressions.
Useful List of Adjectives That Start with V
There are numerous V adjectives in the English language, which are important for our everyday talks. Using the following list of adjectives that start with V can help you communicate more clearly and effectively.
- Definition: by one as a replacement or result of other
- Synonyms: indirect, delegates
- Example: She felt a vicarious pleasure on his success.
- Definition: being actual and true
- Synonyms: real, authentic, genuine
- Example: This is veritable evidence.
- Definition: being lively and active
- Synonyms: ebullient, enthusiastic, energetic
- Example: Everyone was enjoying his vivacious play.
- Definition: of or having an intense sexual appeal
- Synonyms: sensual, erotic, luscious
- Example: He was completely in love with his voluptuous mistress.
- Definition: of different patches of colors
- Synonyms: varicolored, multicolored, motley
- Example: This bird has beautiful variegated feathers.
- Definition: many or numerous
- Synonyms: multiple, different, manifold
- Example: The company adopted various policies to increase the marketing influence.
- Definition: having the appearance or resemblance to vaults
- Synonyms: arched, curved, bowed
- Example: He was jumping in the vaulty bridge.
- Definition: of or relating to lavender color
- Synonyms: purple, purplish, magenta
- Example: She customized a violet pillow with her picture.
- Definition: of or relating to vocation
- Synonyms: professional, career, occupational
- Example: He was enrolled in a vocational training course.
- Definition: having a profound knowledge and competence
- Synonyms: knowledgeable, skilled, experienced
- Example: He is a versed professor.
Negative Adjectives That Start with V
You will discover below a list of negative adjectives with letter V. We hope that this list will help you in learning negative adjectives that start with V. Continue to learn and make notes of what you have learned.
- Definition: being dull and boring
- Synonyms: bland, uninteresting, tedious
- Example: They have given us such a vapid task while others have gotten interesting ones.
- Definition: having the characteristics of venom
- Synonyms: poisonous, bitter, malicious, toxic
- Example: His venomous remarks hurt her a lot.
- Definition: not being obvious and understandable
- Synonyms: unclear, blurry, foggy
- Example: He gave such a vague explanation that no one was able to understand the logic.
- Definition: having no worth and value
- Synonyms: pointless, useless, meaningless
- Example: His vain efforts gave him no result.
- Definition: being harsh and violent
- Synonyms: bitter, rude, scathing
- Example: She started crying after he talked to her in a vitriolic tone.
- Definition: causing annoyance and irritation
- Synonyms: maddening, infuriating, teasing
- Example: I found her attitude extremely vexing.
- Definition: being mean and malicious
- Synonyms: savage, brutal, nasty
- Example: His vicious laughter was detestable.
- Definition: being forceful causing harm
- Synonyms: wild, cruel, brutal
- Example: He was arrested two times because of his violent conducts.
- Definition: being intense and eruptive
- Synonyms: fiery, stormy, explosive
- Example: Everyone is afraid of his volcanic anger.
- Definition: being malicious and offensive
- Synonyms: foul, nasty, despicable
- Example: He earned his wealth by vile means.
More Adjectives That Start with V
Adjectives that start with V have been included in following section to help broaden your thoughts and improve your communication skills. Check out our list of descriptive words beginning with V, and feel free to share it.
- Definition: (used to add emphasis to a noun) exact or particular
- Synonyms: exact, particular
- Example: You’re the very person we need for the job.
- Definition: which can be worked and preformed
- Synonyms: workable, doable, possible
- Example: They prepared a list of viable solutions to address the problem at hand.
- Definition: which is seen by vision
- Synonyms: viewable, visible, discernable
- Example: His visual appearance looks like that of a beggar.
- Definition: being candid and free-spoken
- Synonyms: outspoken, voiced, explicit
- Example: She is a very vocal woman when it comes to social issues.
- Definition: being watchful and active
- Synonyms: alert, attentive, observant
- Example: A vigilant man saved the baby from falling.
- Definition: full of passion and eagerness
- Synonyms: passionate, intense, ardent
- Example: She is a vehement lover of nature.
- Definition: daring new experiences and adventures
- Synonyms: venturous, courageous, adventurous
- Example: No one feels boredom when he tells his venturesome stories.
- Definition: being popular and into fashion
- Synonyms: chic, modish, fashionable
- Example: The vogue men of 90s are still admired by many young people.
- Definition: being fixed and without contingency
- Synonyms: invested, endued, chartered
- Example: He wanted to protect his vested interests at all cost.
- Definition: composed of plants or vegetables
- Synonyms: vegetative, plant, herbal
- Example: She was feeling nauseous because of this vegetal smell.
Adjectives That Start with V – Full List (264 Words)
We have provided you with adjectives that begin with the letter V. Check out the list of adjectives that start with V below to go through all of the adjectives mentioned-above as well as other useful ones. Please make a note of these adjectives and try to use them as much as you can.
Final Thoughts on Adjectives That Start with V
In general, nouns are one of the most important components of speech. Descriptive words that start with V, on the other hand, improve the precision and comprehension of your speech. The problem with adjectives is that you should never use too many of them. Excessive use of adjectives may jam up a sentence, reducing its flow. Remember only to use these adjectives starting with V when essential.
Do you enjoy the adjectives that start with V that we’ve gathered for you? We hope you find them helpful. When you start using them in conversations, you will feel more competent and comfortable in yourself.
If you believe it will benefit your friends and family, please share it with them. You will be able to incorporate these adjectives into your life if you study them repeatedly. We hope you like this list of adjectives that start with V.