In this literary passage you are going to study about Verbs that start with C, from general to unusual usage as well. As these are verbs so they will show action in a sentence. For instance, calculate and carry. Moreover, a list of verbs that start with C, as well as some examples of phrases, will be supplied later.
Verbs beginning with C contain a lot of intelligence. During the process, we might make up wonderful and illustrative stories to carry out prospective concepts. If you’re putting together a master vocabulary list, a thorough list of verbs that start with the letter C will come in handy.
By looking at the list of verbs that start with C, you can see which ones people use the most in their daily lives and which ones they don’t. There are many verbs that begin with letter C that can be used to describe someone. Continue reading to learn more about action words that start with C. Let’s take a closer look at each of these verbs.
You Might Also Like:
Common Verbs That Start with C
We are going to look up few easy verbs that start with C. Because they cover such a substantial and visible section of a sentence, the importance of verbs starting with C can also be emphasized much. Here are some examples of common verbs.
- Definition: succeed in catching someone especially after a chase
- Synonyms: arrest, apprehend, seize, catch
- Example: She always captures my heart.
- Definition: being stable
- Synonyms: cool off, ease, quieten, appease
- Example: Just take some medicines, it will calm your pain.
- Definition: feeling interest in something
- Synonyms: concern, protection, security
- Example: I don’t care about bad people.
- Definition: putting an end to a state or an activity
- Synonyms: discontinue, stop, finish, terminate
- Example: This hotel was ceased by police.
- Definition: cause to be attraction
- Synonyms: appealing, delightful, enchanting
- Example: She charmed them into giving her all their money.
- Definition: putting something together
- Synonyms: joining, blend, unite, assemble
- Example: The text was combined very well with the pictures.
- Definition: giving direct attention to something
- Synonyms: focus, condense, center
- Example: He concentrated very well to achieve success.
- Definition: to make something shut
- Synonyms: end, terminate, fasten, finish
- Example: He closes the shop at 9 p.m.
- Definition: making something clear and comprehensible
- Synonyms: elucidate, simplifying, explaining, demonstration
- Example: We clarified the biggest mystery of world.
- Definition: making computation or making clear account of
- Synonyms: figure, compute, account, reckon
- Example: They calculated all the given numbers quickly.
Positive Verbs That Start with C
Positive verbs that start with C can be used to add an optimistic viewpoint into a phrase or sentence. Furthermore, we can express a distinct and positive feeling by employing these verbs in both spoken and written labor or language. As a result, here’s a checklist to think about.
- Definition: using voice to draw attention of someone
- Synonyms: summon, beckon, phone
- Example: Public called for police where trouble came.
- Definition: confine to a particular place only
- Synonyms: jail, to restrict, to register
- Example: All the dangerous animals are caged.
- Definition: making fine adjustments
- Synonyms: measuring, calculation, graduate
- Example: He calibrated the thermometer for the Fahrenheit units.
- Definition: acting against something for public distribution
- Synonyms: forbid, restrict, ban, condemn
- Example: The movie was censored by government.
- Definition: making something central
- Synonyms: pivotal point, center, power
- Example: Pakistani government centralizes the power distribution.
- Definition: behave as expected during holidays
- Synonyms: observe, enjoy, fete, lionize
- Example: Last year we celebrated Independence Day very much.
- Definition: being transformed into other thing
- Synonyms: alter, modify, transfer
- Example: He has changed himself after accident.
- Definition: become cause to attract
- Synonyms: catch, enchant, fascinate, trance
- Example: She will captivate all men’s attention.
- Definition: putting or send forth
- Synonyms: bestow, confer, arrange, draw
- Example: He is casting a new heroine for his film.
- Definition: became source for action
- Synonyms: stimulate, induce, manipulate
- Example: Different accidents caused traffic chaos last night.
Verbs That Start with C to Describe a Person
In our writings and daily conversations, we employ a variety of verbs that start with C to describe person. Because the importance of these action words cannot be overstated, here are a few of the most commonly used verbs.
- Definition: questioning on someone’s ability
- Synonyms: dispute, exception, contest, demand
- Example: First bench students challenged to back bench students.
- Definition: having something with oneself
- Synonyms: possess, maintain, stock, adopt
- Example: She was carrying a beautiful bag.
- Definition: achievement of something
- Synonyms: compile, accumulate, together, assemble
- Example: Monitor collected all quiz papers.
- Definition: bringing something into existence
- Synonyms: make, build up, produce, manufacture
- Example: Bill Gates created software for computers.
- Definition: biting and grinding food by mouth
- Synonyms: mastication, crushing, tear
- Example: He was only chewing bubble gum while fighting.
- Definition: picking out something
- Synonyms: select, prefer, opt, pick out
- Example: Teacher said, you all are free to choose any subject for test.
- Definition: putting together something
- Synonyms: fasten, link up, tie, associate
- Example: Recently both cities were connected by a grand bridge.
- Definition: hold in a tight grasp
- Synonyms: clutch, grip, clasp, grasp, clinch
- Example: Husband clenched his wife’s hand firmly.
- Definition: temporary living quarter
- Synonyms: tent, bivouac, cantonment, shelter
- Example: They are planning to camp in the field until next week.
- Definition: postpone something which was scheduled
- Synonyms: cross out, invalidate, void, refuse
- Example: Head of company will cancel last meeting tomorrow.
Action Verbs That Start with C
Our lives are full with verb-based behaviors, and we all know of many action verbs that start with C. We’ve also discovered that verbs may be used to describe individuals, so here are a few action words that start with C to get you started.
- Definition: moving somewhere slowly
- Synonyms: to creep, dragging, servile, swim
- Example: We must crawl under the house to find buried treasure.
- Definition: to accept something as truth
- Synonyms: authenticate, standard, approval, witness
- Example: The dress had been certified as waterproof.
- Definition: making a claim for something
- Synonyms: accuse, blame for, commit
- Example: Students are charging 1500 dollar for each class.
- Definition: raise from barbaric to open mind
- Synonyms: cultivate, educate, literate
- Example: Teacher in a class tend to have a civilizing influence on the students.
- Definition: become widely known and passed on
- Synonyms: spread, broadcast, disperse, propagate
- Example: This survey is circulated all around the city.
- Definition: making a reference to anything
- Synonyms: mention, refer, name, quote, credit
- Example: They were cited for their outstanding achievement.
- Definition: to remove something which is not necessary
- Synonyms: cleaning, rid, wash, rinse
- Example: The sky cleared very much after the rain.
- Definition: to arrange something in order
- Synonyms: categorize, sort, assort, order
- Example: Tomorrow we will classify different living things into groups.
- Definition: to demand for something
- Synonyms: assertion, argue, averment, challenge
- Example: The company claims (that) it is not responsible for the pollution in the river.
- Definition: making sound by any material
- Synonyms: chick, tick, touch
- Example: The police officer clicked a pair of handcuffs around his wrists.
English Verbs That Start with C
Following are several verbs starting with letter C which serve to create the various movements of a sentence by portraying what the subject is doing. Let’s check this list of English verb words that start with C.
- Definition: striking one hand into another
- Synonyms: acclaim, applaud, encourage
- Example: The public was clapping on concert.
- Definition: putting a layer on another layer
- Synonyms: coating, covering, paint
- Example: The watch was coated in gold leaf.
- Definition: giving appreciation to someone
- Synonyms: ascribe, attribute, approval, impute
- Example: She was not credited in the program.
- Definition: fall or come down violently
- Synonyms: smash, break, collapse
- Example: The branch crashed down on the boy.
- Definition: convert ordinary language into code
- Synonyms: encryption, compute, code, reckon
- Example: We should cypher the message for safety.
- Definition: to travel with the help of bicycle
- Synonyms: transport, ride, wheel, pedal
- Example: I usually cycle home through the park.
- Definition: in a close contact with something
- Synonyms: adhere, cohere, stick, tie
- Example: The dress clings to his body.
- Definition: form by carving any substance
- Synonyms: inclined, angel, etch, engrave
- Example: Can you carve that metal road?
- Definition: come upon suddenly or unexpectedly
- Synonyms: grab, drag, capture, arrest
- Example: He was caught by the police.
- Definition: any act that is on a dishonest way to gain something
- Synonyms: defeat, rip off, chisel, deprive
- Example: Many people were cheated by network agency.
Useful List of Verbs That Start with C
In general, we utilize a variety of verbs beginning with C that are generally equivalent to the other verbs in both oral and written communication. As a result, here is a list of verbs that start with C and are commonly employed in everyday conversation.
- Definition: going after someone to catch
- Synonyms: pursuit, track, following, trail
- Example: The police car was going so fast, it must have been chasing someone.
- Definition: to talk socially with someone with giving too much information
- Synonyms: gossip, chitchat, confabulate
- Example: Yesterday I was chatting with my friends for late night.
- Definition: giving support or encouragement
- Synonyms: hearten, encourage, sunniness
- Example: All fellows cheered the birthday boy.
- Definition: cutting with the help of instrument
- Synonyms: pieces, biting, cutting
- Example: The institution was chopped up into small administrative fields.
- Definition: going upward with gradually
- Synonyms: mounting, progress, raise, ascent
- Example: It was very difficult to climb at the top of peak.
- Definition: making multiple copies of someone
- Synonyms: identical, duplicate, similar
- Example: Scientist produced Jolly, the cloned sheep.
- Definition: to be into conflict
- Synonyms: clash, crash, smash, destruction
- Example: Today two cars collided each other.
- Definition: move towards something
- Synonyms: arrive, reach, return
- Example: Are you coming with us?
- Definition: decorating something
- Synonyms: design, decorate, art, painting
- Example: The painter colored the drawings.
- Definition: became cause to start up
- Synonyms: begin, kick off, inaugurate
- Example: They are obliged to commence bankruptcy proceedings against you.
Unusual Verbs That Start with C to Boost Vocabulary
You’ll learn a lot of unique and unusual verbs that start with C while reading something. These will undoubtedly aid in the expansion of your vocabulary and a better grasp of the verb as a necessary component of a sentence. These verbs are mentioned below.
- Definition: noting the similarities or differences of
- Synonyms: examine, equating, comparability
- Example: Michael compared his dress with other fellows.
- Definition: struggle for something or engage in a contest
- Synonyms: fight, vie, battle, content,
- Example: He regularly competes everyone.
- Definition: acceptance of wrongdoing
- Synonyms: fink, squeal, profess
- Example: They confessed that they had taken the money.
- Definition: expression of discomfort
- Synonyms: accusation, unhappiness, discontent, displeasure
- Example: His girlfriend complains regularly.
- Definition: make by combining materials and parts
- Synonyms: build, making, manufacture, fabricate
- Example: The company constructed a shelter for poor people.
- Definition: having a components or parts
- Synonyms: incorporate, carry, hold, control
- Example: How much liquid do you think this bottle contains?
- Definition: preparing something eatable
- Synonyms: boiling, baking, frying
- Example: I can cook very well, said the girl.
- Definition: determining the number or amount
- Synonyms: numbering, enumerate, measuring, weigh
- Example: He is very honest in counting the amount.
- Definition: separation with the help of an instrument
- Synonyms: reduce, trim, cut down
- Example: The employee wanted to cut the telephone wire.
- Definition: keep in mind
- Synonyms: view, suppose, observe, study,
- Example: I will consider it as your favor.
More Verbs That Start with C
Here we will surely render some verbs that start with the letter C, which are used by all of us in most of time. The existence of such verbs can be considered as very fair and simple and we are pretty sure that you are using them regularly. So here are few C verbs.
- Definition: to be in command of
- Synonyms: require, looking forward
- Example: The captain commanded a huge army.
- Definition: to utter sudden loud sound
- Synonyms: call for, scream, shout, yell
- Example: Child cried because of pain in his land.
- Definition: be composed of
- Synonyms: comprise of, part, contain, lie
- Example: The parcel consists of book, pen and magnifying glass.
- Definition: carry on a certain activity
- Synonyms: preserve, uphold, proceed
- Example: He continued to study again.
- Definition: reproduction of written work or record
- Synonyms: imitate, recreate, identical
- Example: They all copied my assignment.
- Definition: making something right
- Synonyms: rectify, right, error less
- Example: Teacher corrected all my mistakes.
- Definition: being relevant to something
- Synonyms: pertain, refer, prefer,
- Example: The new story concerns all about the honest person.
- Definition: placing something over preexisting thing, like layer
- Synonyms: hide, conceal, disguise, mask
- Example: Human shin covers all internal parts of body.
- Definition: to determine accuracy, quality or condition
- Synonyms: inspect, examine, work out
- Example: Tomorrow madam will check our assignments.
- Definition: being fond of something
- Synonyms: nurture, affection, care, love
- Example: They cherish the hope that one day they will meet again.
Verbs That Start with C – Full List (362 Words)
This is a full list of verbs that start with C recommended for you. They’ll help you improve your verb vocabulary, knowledge, and general understanding. As a result, the following are the outcomes:
Final Thoughts on Verbs That Start with C
Thank you for taking the time to read this article. I hope you’ve learnt a lot about verbs that start with C. Many questions may arise regarding the concept described in this article. For example, how many of these verbs that start with C are you familiar with? Do you use any of these C-based verbs on a frequent basis?
Furthermore, this study will obviously assist you to enhance knowledge about all above mentioned verbs starting with C. Of course you may familiar with some of them but at the same time we will assure that all newly arising material in the above article would be beneficial for your coming journey of education.
Finally, this content will certainly aid you in developing your English speaking and writing skills by answering any questions you may have about using verbs beginning with C in your writings and presentations.