Nouns that start with H are used in our everyday discussion, no matter how basic or specific the discussion is. After we’ve gone over the fundamentals of nouns, we’ll get into the detail of the nouns starting with H. Nouns are the words that give everything a name, regardless of how common or specific the thing is.
To provide things with a meaningful identification, nouns are used in our conversations. Your sentence will be devoid of any subject or object due to the lack of proper nouns, which is equivalent to conveying essentially nothing. This is why nouns are so necessary. All of these characteristics also apply to nouns that start with H.
Now we’ll get into the specifics of this article. The focus of this article is on nouns beginning with H. For a deeper comprehension, we shall discuss the meaning, synonyms, and example of each H noun. If you want to take full advantage of this article, read it all the way through; you’ll learn a lot more about nouns that start with H. Let’s dive into the comprehensive list of H nouns.
You Might Also Like:
Common Nouns That Start with H
We use a lot of nouns all the time. It’s impossible to list them all, but we’ve chosen a few that are essential. Here is the list of common nouns that start with H that we always use.
- Definition: the front or upper part of an animal’s body, which is normally divided from the rest of the body by a neck
- Synonyms: front, fore, top
- Example: He is in coma due to the serious head injury.
- Definition: the state of not being afflicted with disease or damage
- Synonyms: fitness, well-being, strength
- Example: He destroyed his health by extra usage of alcohol.
- Definition: the most relevant or deepest element of a thing
- Synonyms: middle, hub, core
- Example: His shop is right in the heart of the city.
- Definition: any of the tiny threadlike strands that develop from humans, mammals, and certain other species’ skin
- Synonyms: fur, wool, pelt
- Example: After a certain age, the hair fall starts spontaneously.
- Definition: the area or space just inside a house or flat’s front door
- Synonyms: entry, lobby, corridor
- Example: We all are waiting for you in the hall, don’t be late.
- Definition: the end part of a person’s arm beyond the wrist, including the palm, fingers, and thumb
- Synonyms: fist, palm, paw
- Example: His hand got injured accidentally.
- Definition: bodily harm, especially that which is inflicted on purpose
- Synonyms: injury, hurt, pain, trauma
- Example: We did not mean to cause her any harm.
- Definition: a person who offends others through their actions
- Synonyms: beast, bleeder, bastard
- Example: I felt like a heel when she blamed me without any reason.
- Definition: the length of someone or something measured from head to toe or from bottom to top
- Synonyms: high point, peak, climax
- Example: We will have to reach at the height of the mountain.
- Definition: a naturally elevated piece of land that is not as high or as rugged as a mountain
- Synonyms: high ground, elevation, rise
- Example: This hill adds more beauty to the village.
Positive Nouns That Start with H
Positive nouns are used to provide someone a southing sensation. The list of positive nouns that start with H is elaborated below in detail. Let’s take advantage of positive nouns.
- Definition: the phrase used to describe positive or pleasant emotions ranging from satisfaction to great delight in the context of mental or emotional situations
- Synonyms: pleasure, joy, satisfaction
- Example: Her dance moves were revealing her happiness.
- Definition: a place associated with God and the angels, as well as the good after death, in numerous religions, frequently represented as being above the sky
- Synonyms: paradise, the promise land, the city of God
- Example: Our good deeds in this world will lead us to the heaven in the other world.
- Definition: the trait of being honest
- Synonyms: honor, integrity, ethics
- Example: I have a blind trust on him and his honesty.
- Definition: a trait of a person that is both societal teaching and personal ethos, presents itself as a code of conduct, and has numerous elements such as courage, chivalry, honesty, and compassion
- Synonyms: glory, distinction, fame
- Example: The government granted him with a medal of honor.
- Definition: the state of purity
- Synonyms: godliness, saintliness, divinity
- Example: He spent a life of holiness and devotion.
- Definition: an attractive impression created by combining musical notes that are played at the same time
- Synonyms: euphony, polyphony, consonance
- Example: I tried to live in harmony with nature.
- Definition: a sense of expectation and desire for a specific event to occur
- Synonyms: desire, wish, aspiration
- Example: It was my hope to get a doctorate degree in future.
- Definition: the state or characteristic of being human
- Synonyms: mankind, people, mortal
- Example: I want to serve the humanity as a doctor.
- Definition: a person who uses techniques other than traditional medical therapy to cure ailments or mend injuries
- Synonyms: physician, therapist, doctor
- Example: He is both a physical and spiritual healer for me.
- Definition: a picnic basket with a handle and a hinged lid that holds food, silverware, and plates
- Synonyms: basket, box, container, holder
- Example: We gave him a gift hamper on his birthday.
Nouns That Start with H to Describe a Person
Like other nouns, H nouns provide everyone around us a distinct identity. Here we have explained the nouns that start with H to describe a person. Let’s dive into their detail.
- Definition: a person admired for their bravery, extraordinary accomplishments, or virtuous traits
- Synonyms: champion, victor, winner
- Example: He became the hero of our nation after the victory in war.
- Definition: a man who is the principal of a school
- Synonyms: administrator, principal, director
- Example: Our headmaster managed the system of the school perfectly.
- Definition: a married man considered in relation to his spouse
- Synonyms: spouse, partner, mate
- Example: My husband is sincere with me and our kids.
- Definition: a person who entertains or receives other persons as visitors
- Synonyms: entertainer, party giver, hostess
- Example: They selected the beautiful model as host for a function.
- Definition: a woman whose primary responsibility is to care for her family, manage household affairs, and conduct housekeeping while her husband or partner is at work
- Synonyms: home maker, house keeper, lady
- Example: Despite holding higher degrees, she is now a typical housewife.
- Definition: a person who lends a hand to another
- Synonyms: co-worker, assistant, workmate
- Example: I asked my helper to give me a cup of tea.
- Definition: a person who gains illegal access to data through the use of computers
- Synonyms: spammer, techie, malware
- Example: The little hacker hacked my phone within minutes.
- Definition: a horseback rider, especially one who is competent
- Synonyms: horse rider, jockey, trooper
- Example: The horseman told us basic techniques of the horse riding.
- Definition: a person who owns or rents a home; a household’s head
- Synonyms: homeowner, resident, occupant
- Example: Our mother as a householder is a bigger blessing for all of us.
- Definition: a person or equipment who collects crops as a harvest
- Synonyms: farmhand, gleaner, plowman
- Example: The passionate harvester was working hard in the field.
Nouns That Start with H for Kindergarten
We can’t even estimate how many nouns we use on a daily basis. It is hard for anyone to assess it. In this section, we will discuss some easy nouns starting with H.
- Definition: a slender or oblique hint or suggestion
- Synonyms: clue, suggestion, indication
- Example: She gave me a hint to solve the question.
- Definition: the study of past events, especially in human affairs
- Synonyms: past, old days, yesterday
- Example: I am keen on reading the history.
- Definition: a pleasurable pastime carried out on a regular basis in one’s spare time
- Synonyms: pass time, sideline, relaxation
- Example: Reading is my hobby, I enjoy it a lot.
- Definition: a team sport in which two teams of eleven players compete to drive a small hard ball towards goals at opposing ends of a field using hooked sticks
- Synonyms: sport, game, valley ball
- Example: He is selected as a player in national hockey team.
- Definition: a space in a solid body or surface that is hollow
- Synonyms: ditch, pit, cavity
- Example: The queue of ants is emerging from a hole in the wall.
- Definition: a property that has been or may be inherited
- Synonyms: estate, legacy, inheritance
- Example: It is our lawful right to fight for the heritage of our father.
- Definition: a big tamed plant-eating mammal with firm hooves and a flowing mane and tail that is utilized for riding, racing, and carrying and pulling cargo
- Synonyms: mount, cob, stallion
- Example: No animal is more loyal than a horse.
- Definition: a long period of relaxation and recreation, particularly one spent away from home or while travelling
- Synonyms: break, rest, day off
- Example: The government announced a holiday in the honor of martyr.
- Definition: the permanent residence of an individual, especially as a member of a family or household
- Synonyms: accommodation, property, address
- Example: My home is where I can find some peace.
- Definition: a sweet, sticky yellowish-brown liquid produced by bees and other insects from ant larvae
- Synonyms: nectar, syrup, sap
- Example: In winters, you must give your kids at least one spoon of honey.
Useful List of Nouns That Start with H
We are all aware that some nouns that begin with the letter H are often necessary to complete our sentences. This list will also assist you in selecting certain crucial nouns beginning with H that we often use.
- Definition: a head and neck covering with a facial opening that is usually worn as part of a coat or shawl
- Synonyms: cowl, snood, scarf
- Example: He immediately covered his face with hood of his coat, when he saw her coming.
- Definition: a curled or bent piece of metal or other hard material used for catching hold of or hanging things on
- Synonyms: peg, holder, clip
- Example: She hanged her jacket on the hook after entering in the room.
- Definition: a strong sense of dread, astonishment, or disgrace
- Synonyms: terror, fear, fright
- Example: We could not sleep all the night after watching a horror movie.
- Definition: a facility that provides medical and surgical treatment as well as nursing care to persons who are sick or injured
- Synonyms: health center, clinic, nursing center
- Example: She is admitted to the hospital for her speedy recovery.
- Definition: a place that provides travellers and tourists with lodging, meals, and other services
- Synonyms: guest house, boarding house, lodge
- Example: They quarantined themselves for 2 weeks in the hotel near the airport.
- Definition: a span of time divided into 60 minutes and equivalent to the twenty-fourth part of a day and night
- Synonyms: point, time, minute
- Example: We waited for her for an hour outside her house.
- Definition: a house and its residents are considered a single entity
- Synonyms: family, home, clan
- Example: She is supporting the household financially after the death of her father.
- Definition: an activity’s, area’s, or network’s effective core
- Synonyms: middle, heart, core
- Example: This country is the hub of job opportunities
- Definition: migraine in any part of the head
- Synonyms: migraine, neuralgia, hemicrania
- Example: She had a severe headache due to her hectic schedule.
- Definition: serious distress or deprivation
- Synonyms: privation, deprivation, trouble
- Example: She is stable now after facing a hardship.
Proper Nouns That Start with H
If you would like to know some proper nouns that start with H, then the following ones are right for you.
- Definition: a country in central Europe
- Synonyms: (none)
- Example: Her parents moved to Hungary last year.
- Definition: a country in Central America
- Synonyms: (none)
- Example: Nowadays, it is not quite safe to travel to Honduras due to COVID-19 and crime.
- Definition: the capital and largest city of the US island state of Hawaii
- Synonyms: (none)
- Example: She was born and raised in Honolulu.
- Definition: a country in the Caribbean
- Synonyms: (none)
- Example: Haiti is one of least developed countries in the world.
- Definition: a famous Japanese public multinational conglomerate manufacturer of automobiles, motorcycles, and power equipment
- Synonyms: (none)
- Example: Honda CR-V is very popular in Chinese market.
- Definition: the largest city in the southern US state of Texas
- Synonyms: (none)
- Example: She travelled back from Houston.
- Definition: a work of children’s fiction published in 1881 by Swiss author Johanna Spyri
- Synonyms: (none)
- Example: Heidi is a book for children and those who love children.
- Definition: a very common French name for boys
- Synonyms: (none)
- Example: They named they newborn Henry.
- Definition: a girl name mainly popular in Christian religion and its main origin is Greek
- Synonyms: (none)
- Example: The story of Helen Keller inspired a generation.
- Definition: the smallest and southernmost province of the People’s Republic of China
- Synonyms: (none)
- Example: The island province of Hainan is known as “the Hawaii of China”.
Unusual Nouns That Start with H to Boost Vocabulary
The significance of nouns is demonstrated by the fact that we cannot point out anything to anyone without employing nouns. some unusual nouns that start with H are given below.
- Definition: the biological transmission of physical or mental qualities from one generation to the next
- Synonyms: genetics, extraction, genes
- Example: I have red hair like my mother due to heredity.
- Definition: a trait or state of being cautious, doubtful, or delayed to act or talk
- Synonyms: aversion, dislike, demurral
- Example: After initial hesitance, she accepted his proposal.
- Definition: the red jungle fowl subspecies is a domesticated fowl that originated in Southeastern Asia
- Synonyms: chick, biddy, capon
- Example: The infected hen will die soon, if we do not take care of her.
- Definition: any plant containing flavoring, food, medicine, or perfume in its leaves, seeds, or flowers
- Synonyms: bhang, cannabis, dope
- Example: The old man suggested using the herb in detox water.
- Definition: a messy jumble of items stacked clumsily on top of one another
- Synonyms: mass, pile, load
- Example: There was a heap of copies on the table.
- Definition: a big group of animals that dwell together or are kept together as livestock, especially hoofed mammals
- Synonyms: flock, pack, group
- Example: The herd of goats suddenly emerges from the jungle.
- Definition: a hardship or issue that must be overcome
- Synonyms: difficulty, problem, barrier
- Example: This hurdle will pass and we will be relaxed soon.
- Definition: a book’s title at the top of a page or section
- Synonyms: title, wording, caption
- Example: The heading of the book seems so interesting; we should give it a read.
- Definition: a cap that is designed like a crown and worn for warmth, fashion, or as part of a uniform
- Synonyms: cap, headpiece, lid
- Example: She was looking so cute wearing a brown hat.
- Definition: a barrier that closes and opens an entrance
- Synonyms: door, gate, portal
- Example: A heavy hatch should be managed to close the building.
More Nouns That Start with H
The rarely utilized noun words that start with H are numerous. However, their significance cannot be determined solely by the frequency with which they are used. Check the following list of noun words starting with H that are not commonly seen.
- Definition: a rigid board made of compressed and treated cellulose
- Synonyms: chipboard, cardboard, asbestos
- Example: The rooms were divided via hardboard between them.
- Definition: a solitary burrowing rodent endemic to Europe and North Asia with a short tail and big cheek pouches for holding food
- Synonyms: pet, gnawing animal, rodent
- Example: The hamster got through the wire at the front of its cage.
- Definition: a big structure with a large floor area, usually used to house aircraft
- Synonyms: shelter, house, cellar, garage
- Example: We placed the airplane in a local barn because the hangar was destroyed due to the heavy rain.
- Definition: a shaped piece of wood, plastic, or metal with a hook at the top that can be used to hang clothing to keep them in shape
- Synonyms: rack, hook, holder
- Example: Her dress was ironed and hanged on a hanger.
- Definition: icy rain pellets that fall in showers from cumulonimbus clouds
- Synonyms: frozen rain, precipitation, sleet
- Example: A hail of arrows descended from the tower.
- Definition: a long-standing or consistent habit or behavior, especially one that is difficult to abandon
- Synonyms: practice, custom, pattern, routine
- Example: His smoking habit is destroying his health.
- Definition: a person who stays in a specific location
- Synonyms: occupant, resident, denizen
- Example: We are habitants of Canada since 1973.
- Definition: a facility that caters to a specific set of people, such as students, employees, or travellers, by providing low-cost meals and housing.
- Synonyms: lodge, public house, hospice
- Example: She spent her whole student life in the hostel.
- Definition: a jumbled up collection or mash-up of several items
- Synonyms: clutter, collage, farrago
- Example: The book was a hash of bitter facts.
- Definition: a quantity large enough to fill a hand or something in small quantity
- Synonyms: few, small number, some
- Example: A handful candidates are selected for this job.
Nouns That Start with H – Full List (420 words)
Here’s a section where you can be productive. We’ve only listed nouns here; as we stated earlier, you can recollect their definitions, synonyms, and examples in your mind. Here is the full list of nouns that start with H.
Final Thoughts on Nouns That Start with H
Finally, you’ve arrived at the end of the article about nouns that start with H. I hope you found this article to be really beneficial. We can assess the importance of the article about nouns beginning with H by realizing the purposes of nouns.
This was not just an article; it was designed to permanently imprint the nouns starting with H on your mind. Now that we’ve completed one task, it’s time to move on to another activity that you will complete on your own.
What you’ll do now is to keep practicing these nouns that start with H until they’ve become entrenched in your mind. Then you will be able to use these nouns in your everyday life without making any mistakes.