There are many verbs that start with M, therefore to save your time, we’ve created a list of several verbs which will bring your statements to life and make communication simple. Although the use of these verbs that start with M varies depending on a variety of conditions, we are confident that at least some of them will complement your writing style.
You can use these verbs beginning with M to describe someone, change the tone of your writing, and so much more. As a result of this approach, we may be able to concoct fantastic and illustrative events to carry out potential thoughts. A comprehensive list of verbs that start with M will come in helpful if you’re building together a master vocabulary list.
In most sentences, verbs are essential. Without them, there would be no expression of action and no link between the sentence’s subject and additional information. Let’s look at a list of action words that start with M and talk about how this powerful component of speech works together.
You Might Also Like:
Common Verbs That Start with M
We’ll have some common verbs that start with M. As they are very crucial for the arrangement of sentences so their value cannot be degraded. Furthermore, they have capability to bend direction of sentence anywhere that’s why they carry apparent position in a sentence. Here are some popular verbs starting with M:
- Definition: to construct something
- Synonyms: create, produce, build, compose
- Example: She will make her son happy.
- Definition: to be correspondence with something
- Synonyms: resemble, agree, equal
- Example: His blood didn’t match with patient.
- Definition: to be unsuccessful to achieve something
- Synonyms: loss, avoid, fail
- Example: Adam missed school for a month due to pandemic disease.
- Definition: changing place or posture
- Synonyms: transfer, act, impel
- Example: We moved closer to the school.
- Definition: to become close to each other
- Synonyms: encounter, converge, gather, assemble
- Example: On coming Monday we will meet with Chief Minister.
- Definition: leading someone to wrong position or direction
- Synonyms: lie, misdirect, deceive, misguide
- Example: The corrupt leader was misleading the public.
- Definition: having intention
- Synonyms: think, intend, denote
- Example: She didn’t mean to defame you.
- Definition: changing shape from hard to liquid
- Synonyms: dissolve, vanish, defrost
- Example: The ice cream melts very soon when takes out of fridge.
- Definition: entering into the conjugal state or to getting marriage
- Synonyms: joined, wed, intimate
- Example: The minister married her assistant yesterday.
- Definition: finding the capacity of something
- Synonyms: estimate, calculate, ascertain, survey
- Example: Today we measured the temperature of sick person.
Positive Verbs That Start with M
Moving forward, we can see the flexibility of positive verbs that start with M as message conveying source especially within a positive sense. Moreover, these can be used to provide a positive tone to a phrase or statement and also implement affirmative effect on the person against you. As a result, there are several prominent required verbs.
- Definition: to make something more visible or larger
- Synonyms: glorify, praise, exaggerate, intensify
- Example: This map was magnified by Ancient philosophers.
- Definition: give an incentive for action
- Synonyms: impel, actuate, propel, inspire
- Example: He was motivated by Alexander the great.
- Definition: going into deep thoughts
- Synonyms: speculate, ruminate, ponder, contemplate
- Example: They always mediate at 12 p.m.
- Definition: to watch over something or someone
- Synonyms: tracking, oversee, supervise
- Example: She was monitored by the best teachers of school.
- Definition: to resolve issue
- Synonyms: settle, intervene, intercede, arbitrate
- Example: Mother mediated family dispute very well.
- Definition: suppling support and necessities
- Synonyms: hold, keep, preserve, conserve
- Example: Government maintained all the immigrants carefully.
- Definition: becoming in charge of something
- Synonyms: handle, wield, achieve, superintend
- Example: She managed to pass the exams.
- Definition: commit to memory
- Synonyms: repeat, restate, reiterate
- Example: Kindly memorize this passage quickly.
- Definition: making reference to
- Synonyms: cite, name, refer, acknowledge
- Example: My name was mentioned in the list of graduate students.
- Definition: increasing the amount degree or number
- Synonyms: manifold, breed, propagate
- Example: According to medical cigarette smoking multiplies the risk of cancer.
Verbs That Start with M to Describe a Person
Verbs that start with M to describe a person might give your work a fresh lease on life. Writing entails more than just creating logical statements to convey information. Picking choosing the verbs that will get your idea through in a clear and succinct manner is the fundamental essence of writing. So here is the list of these verbs.
- Definition: creating something by illusion
- Synonyms: conjure up, trick, manipulate
- Example: Her words magic him extremely.
- Definition: becoming proficient completely
- Synonyms: skilled, achieve, gain
- Example: He mastered English language in less than one year.
- Definition: making something attractive
- Synonyms: allure, captivate, entrance, entice
- Example: Celebrities have a powerful magnetizing influence on youth.
- Definition: to influence something extremely
- Synonyms: control, handle, operate, evoke
- Example: She was manipulated by her friends.
- Definition: to make something in a large amount
- Synonyms: fabricate, produce, invent, cook up
- Example: She manufactures a handkerchief daily.
- Definition: behaving with someone badly
- Synonyms: abuse, maltreat, unfair, cruelled
- Example: Poor boy was mistreated by the police.
- Definition: creating artistic representation by copying someone.
- Synonyms: imitate, replicate, simulate
- Example: I was always mocking English accent of my friend.
- Definition: pressing tightly together
- Synonyms: pile, throng, cram, jam
- Example: The crowd mobbed the hall.
- Definition: reducing excessive quantity of something
- Synonyms: temperate, arbitrate, intermediate
- Example: The crowd agreed to moderate actual demands.
- Definition: interpret the moral meaning of something
- Synonyms: preach, sermonize, teaching
- Example: Teachers are always moralizing young students today.
Action Verbs That Start with M
With the help of verbs, we can easily portray human behavior about particular action. Therefore, in the following series of several action verbs that start with M will be regarding the activities of people that emphasize the accomplishment
Within sentence. Thus, the list of action verbs that start with M is given below:
- Definition: making something large as much as possible
- Synonyms: magnify, enhance, enlarge
- Example: Software developer maximized the window screen.
- Definition: putting something together
- Synonyms: unite, combine, unify, blend
- Example: Both companies merged their resources to achieve further profit.
- Definition: making something very small
- Synonyms: differentiate, reduce, loss
- Example: Eventually, he succeeds to minimize the side effect of medicine.
- Definition: combining multiple substances
- Synonyms: fuse, together, mingle, flux
- Example: You should mix all ingredients for better result.
- Definition: to go up or become advance
- Synonyms: climb, rise, ascend
- Example: Exam fever is mounting gradually.
- Definition: showing sadness extremely
- Synonyms: lament, bemoan, grief, wail
- Example: Whole city is mourning because of pandemic disease.
- Definition: to become speechless
- Synonyms: damp, muffle, defecate
- Example: We should mute the music while she makes a call.
- Definition: speaking inaudibly.
- Synonyms: muttering, grumble, murmur
- Example: She mumbled incoherently to herself.
- Definition: to change dwell by someone
- Synonyms: settlement, transportation, shipment
- Example: She migrated to Dubai for better job.
- Definition: to speak in a faint voice
- Synonyms: whispering, mumble, grumbling, muttering
- Example: He murmurs when he feels depress.
English Verbs That Start with M
In addition, there are multiple verbs starting with letter M which totally reveal the function of verb within clause, phrase or sentence and apart from it they will explore subject’s performance in all contexts. Hence, the sequence under this introduction highlights some verb words that start with M.
- Definition: to create a representation, such as fashionable cloths
- Synonyms: design, simulate, forecast
- Example: He modelled the coat for his brother to see.
- Definition: making something soften
- Synonyms: settle, relax, calm
- Example: She had mellowed a little with age.
- Definition: making something less harsh
- Synonyms: lessen, moderate, diminish, weaken
- Example: He minced voice when teacher came.
- Definition: providing proof for some incident
- Synonyms: attest, demonstrate, certify
- Example: His high temperature manifested his illness.
- Definition: walking in a regular step
- Synonyms: parade, move, route, hike
- Example: Millions of people marched against the war.
- Definition: putting symbol for recognition
- Synonyms: tag, label, note, entitle
- Example: Their prices are already marked by shopkeeper.
- Definition: to compress something
- Synonyms: crush, squeeze, slush
- Example: We mashed up all apples quickly.
- Definition: putting something in order again
- Synonyms: fixing, restore, repair, correct
- Example: Can you mend my bicycle please?
- Definition: bringing something together
- Synonyms: amalgamate, unify, blend, mix
- Example: Her sweet voice mingled in evening air.
- Definition: to interpret something in wrong way
- Synonyms: confuse, misapprehend, misconceive, misconstrue
- Example: Today I completely misunderstood her point of view.
Useful List of Verbs That Start with M
Basically, this portion contains verbs beginning with M at the very normal way and in the very normal situations. These might be influential in the range formal, informal, verbal and also written communication. Furthermore, this list of verbs that start with M may be consisted of complex vocabulary as well as simple vocabulary. So, following is the sequence.
- Definition: to make deep sound in pain or suffering
- Synonyms: cry, discomfort, sorrow
- Example: The injured man is still moaning due to severe pain.
- Definition: hiding of someone by false appearance
- Synonyms: cloak, veil, disguise
- Example: I always mask my anger with sweet smile.
- Definition: copying someone especially for satirical effect
- Synonyms: imitate, caricature, spoof, camouflage
- Example: The little girl mimicked the President accurately.
- Definition: developing to high level
- Synonyms: adult, grow, ripen, age
- Example: He has matured into a handsome young man.
- Definition: interloping in other people’s affairs
- Synonyms: interfere, intrude, mess
- Example: You shouldn’t meddle in my affairs.
- Definition: distributing waste material of animal
- Synonyms: slime, mud, dung, mire
- Example: Innocent child mucked up his shirt during match.
- Definition: making something soft or quieter
- Synonyms: subdue, dampen, mellow
- Example: He muffled the cray boy in a blanket.
- Definition: preserving things
- Synonyms: store, dry up, embalm
- Example: In the ancient times the Egyptians mummified their dead bodies.
- Definition: becoming offended by someone
- Synonyms: bother, ridicule, offense
- Example: She really minded my speech.
- Definition: destroying something severely
- Synonyms: maim, mangle, batter, cripple
- Example: Tomorrow police will mutilate so many illegal buildings.
Unusual Verbs That Start with M to Boost Vocabulary
With the help of unusual verbs that start with M, we can implement high level of vocabulary and also, we may come across a variety of uncommon, strange and distinctive verbs. These will surely help you for becoming proficient in the fields of grammar and for better understanding of the verb family as a component sentence. So, their list can be seen as follow:
- Definition: making something calm or cool
- Synonyms: comfort, appease, pacify, conciliate
- Example: Our presentation failed to mollify teacher.
- Definition: changing pitch or intensity
- Synonyms: regulate, inflect, adjust
- Example: Singer succeed to modulate the melody.
- Definition: making something up to date
- Synonyms: develop, advance, upgrade, renew
- Example: Japan is a modernized country in the world.
- Definition: making something moist
- Synonyms: wet, damp, evaporate, lubricate
- Example: She moistened her lips before she spoke.
- Definition: putting something in any place and forget about it
- Synonyms: misplace, forgotten, lose
- Example: She seem to have mislaid my keys.
- Definition: trying to make something less effective
- Synonyms: diminish, alleviate, extenuate, assuage
- Example: Only awareness can mitigate the crimes in society.
- Definition: something that make us amazed
- Synonyms: wonder, impress, surprise, admire
- Example: Everyone in a party marveled at her courage.
- Definition: moving with careful manner
- Synonyms: steer, channelize, guide, head
- Example: Tom maneuvered to get the chairmanship.
- Definition: putting together
- Synonyms: assemble, rally, enroll, exhibit
- Example: He could muster only fifty votes at the election.
- Definition: taking valuable things at gunpoint
- Synonyms: rob, assault, attack, assail
- Example: The old man has been mugged at morning time.
More Verbs That Start with M
In this very portion your intellectual level will be boosted up by including some more verbs that start with the later M. Certainly, they are going to clear further ambiguities regarding verb or its family and moreover, these M verbs shall expand your mental approach about the verbs and also your vocabulary of English language. Thus, list is available in below:
- Definition: making messy or untidy
- Synonyms: disturb, disarray, ruffle, upset
- Example: You don’t need to muss up my hairs.
- Definition: to make soft and disintegrate by excessive soaking
- Synonyms: drown, drench, saturate, soak
- Example: The hard part of wood macerated in water yesterday.
- Definition: making something automatic or routine
- Synonyms: equip, rig, motorize, industrialize
- Example: We have to mechanize our production process.
- Definition: making something bewildering to
- Synonyms: puzzle, stump, perplex, confound
- Example: He was just mystified by the girl’s beauty.
- Definition: speaking against someone
- Synonyms: abusing, disparage, revile, libel
- Example: There are so many actors who are maligned by the press.
- Definition: producing noise while chewing something
- Synonyms: biting, crunch, chomp, grind
- Example: The girl munched her cake.
- Definition: to harass someone continuously
- Synonyms: hassle, provoke, plague
- Example: The woman was molested at club.
- Definition: making someone irritate or annoy
- Synonyms: bother, irritate, displease, hurt
- Example: My friend’s rude behavior miffed me very much.
- Definition: having a deep reflection on a given subject
- Synonyms: contemplate, ponder, speculate, mediate
- Example: At midnight, he muses on the events of the day.
- Definition: to serve a teacher or trusted counselor or supervisor
- Synonyms: tutor, teach, guide, instruct
- Example: Famous lecturer of university mentored them in his last semester.
Verbs That Start with M – Full List (159 Words)
The given below list of verbs that start with M contain all the verbs which are defined and explained previously, as well as some more useful ones.
Final Thoughts on Verbs That Start with M
At last, we have deep and immense gratitude for your courage to be connected with us. We hope you’ve taken a lot about verbs that start with M. Apart from this, we may also guess that many of your confusions regarding this very article has been cleared. Moreover, you feel free to perceive different aspects of verbs that start with M in different situations.
In addition, this passage will be beneficial for you to apply all verbs starting with M in the sentences and also above examples would help you to utilize these verbs in further sentences making process. Furthermore, with this you as a student of English language will obviously grow academic talent rapidly because there are synonyms and sentences related to given verb as well.
This article will surely assist your content writing career and support to develop fluency in speaking and writing. Moreover, above article has capability to answer any questions that you may have about using verbs beginning with M in your writings and presentations.